Chapter 13: Sleepover

October 13

I throw my bag in my chair and plot down on the couch. My heart beating and mind racing. I have so many things on my mind it's not even funny. I click on the TV and surf through the channels. I click on the family channel and rest my head on the arm rest.

My peaceful TV section was rudly interrupted by the buzzing on my phone. I reach over to the table and grab it.

McKenna😊-
Hey wyd? I'm sooooo bored!😑

Milly🙅🏼-
same here. 😬

McKenna😊-
I am being torchered watching my mom making cheeto people..-_-

Milly🙅🏼-
Lol😂😅

McKenna😊-
Sleepover?

Milly🙅🏼-
Where?

McKenna😊-
On the streets. Where else?! Your place. Is that okay?

Milly🙅🏼-
McKenna, you don't invite your self over at people's houses!

McKenna😊-
Oh ya, sorry... I guess if you wanna come have a sleepover here with my mom and her cheetos that's your call...

Milly🙅🏼-
I was just kidding!😂 SLEEPOVER AT MY PLACE!!

McKenna😊-
Yay! Be there in 5.

Milly🙅🏼-
Kk. Bye!!:)

McKenna😊-
✌🏻

I snooze my phone and toss it back on the table. I quickly get up and make sure my apartment is quote 'expecting company' like. By the time I have my apartment all straightened up I hear a soft knock on my door. I open it greetings in a smiling McKenna dressed in pjs, holding a sleeping bag and a bag of chips. I let her in closing the door behind her. We smile at each other and she hands me the chips. She gets comfy on my couch, flipping through channels, as I pour the chips into a large bowl. I set the bowl down on the table infrount and help myself to a large handful.

"Hey. Thanks for coming over." I say. She nods.

"Thanks for inviting me - Er... letting me invite myself." She says to me grinning. I laugh.

"Anytime." I take a deep breath and focus on my food.

"So... aren't you supposed to be at work?" She asks.

"Well, ya. I got off early. I was to upset....." Oops. That slipped out. She focuses on my eyes and sits up straighter.

"Yeah. I have noticed that. What's wrong?" I sigh. Knowing that I walked myself right into this one. I shake my head, not wanting to respond. She tilts her head slighting, still waiting for my answer. I hope she would forgit it. She crosses her arms, showing she won't drop the subject. I sigh, once more, and finally give.

"I- I don't know. I have been super grumpy lately and everything is messed up. After what happened on wendsay," she nods, remembering what I told her over the phone that night. "Everything has been super akward, and I hate that!"

"I know. Yall just have too understand that-"

Beep beep. Beep beep.

I froze. She wears a questioning look. Oh shit! Not now!

"What is that?" she asks.

"Um... can you give me a minute?" She nods. I rush to the bathroom and lock the door. I press the button on the braclet and step back. The small hologram of Dr. Benchmark hovers over my wrist.

"What do you need?! I am in the middle of a sleepover!" I ask rushly. Hoping McKenna won't hear me.

"I'm sorry Milly but you'll have to put the sleepover to a rain check. There is an emergency."

"Really? What?"

"There is a women standing on the edge of the Holy Building, one of the tallest buildings in the city. She wants to jump."

"So! Can't you get a fireman to deal with that?!"

"Milly, she needs you." Relasation hits me. I nod.

"Be there in twenty."

"Hurry!" And with that. I click him away.

I reach for the door knob and pause. What am I going to tell McKenna? I step out and see her stuffing her face with chips. When I step into the room she looks up at me.

"Uh, McKenna.... umm.. that was er, work. They need me to come by."

"Oh." she looks down. "Can I come back over tomorrow?" She asks.

"Sure!"

"Good. She grabs her sleeping bag and walks out with me. I grab my keys and head to the elevator.

"Bye!" I say. She waves back in responce.

*Hey guy! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been super busy. I will update really soon. I promise. I also promise I won't forget about this book. I will finish it probualy finnish it with about 20-25 chapters. but remember, that won't mean the story is over. I still have two more books😂 So I hope I didn't loose too many readers and thank you for those of you that are hanging with me:) Thank you guys. Love yall❤️ xoxoxo

🙅🏼