𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎

Sasuke leaned against the lockers, his gaze fixed on the bustling hallway of Konoha High School. His dark eyes scanned the crowd, searching for a familiar blond mop of hair. Naruto, his best friend since forever, was supposed to meet him here before class. But as the minutes ticked by, Sasuke's worry grew.

"Hey, Sasuke!" Naruto's voice called out, cutting through the noise of the hallway. Sasuke turned to see Naruto hurrying towards him, a sheepish grin on his face.

"Finally," Sasuke muttered, relief washing over him. "You're late."

Naruto scratched the back of his head, a guilty look crossing his face. "Sorry, I lost track of time."

Sasuke rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of fondness in his voice. "Typical Naruto."

They made their way to class together, their laughter echoing off the walls. But beneath the surface, there was tension, unspoken words hanging between them like a heavy fog.

Ever since they started high school, things had been different between them. Naruto was the outgoing, popular one, while Sasuke preferred to keep to himself, his aloof demeanor earning him a reputation as the school's resident loner.

But despite their differences, they had always been inseparable, their bond unbreakable. Or so Sasuke had thought.

As they sat together in class, Sasuke couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at him. Naruto was distant, his mind elsewhere, and no matter how hard Sasuke tried, he couldn't break through the wall that had sprung up between them.

After class, Sasuke approached Naruto, his heart pounding in his chest. "Hey, Naruto, can we talk?"

Naruto's smile faltered, a flicker of uncertainty crossing his face. "Sure, what's up?"

Sasuke hesitated, unsure of how to voice his fears. "It's just... I feel like we've been drifting apart lately. And I don't know why."

Naruto's expression softened, his blue eyes filled with guilt. "I know, Sasuke, and I'm sorry. It's just... things have been complicated lately."

Sasuke felt a pang of hurt in his chest. "Complicated? What do you mean?"

Naruto sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It's hard to explain. But there are things going on in my life right now that I can't talk about. And I don't want to drag you into it."

Sasuke's heart sank. He had always been there for Naruto, through thick and thin. But now it felt like Naruto was shutting him out, keeping him at arm's length.

"I thought we were supposed to be best friends," Sasuke said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Naruto looked away, his gaze fixed on the ground. "We are, Sasuke. But sometimes... things change. People change."

The words hung between them like a heavy weight, suffocating the air around them. Sasuke wanted to reach out to Naruto, to pull him into a hug and never let go. But he knew it was futile. Whatever was happening to Naruto, he had to face it alone.

And so, they drifted further apart, their friendship fading like a distant memory. Sasuke watched helplessly as Naruto slipped away from him, his heart breaking with each passing day.

But even as they went their separate ways, Sasuke couldn't forget the bond they had shared, the laughter and the tears, the moments that had made them who they were.

And as he stood alone in the empty hallway, tears stinging his eyes, Sasuke made a silent vow to himself. He would never forget Naruto, never stop loving him, even if it meant he had to let him go.

For some bonds were meant to be broken, but the memories would always remain, a bittersweet reminder of a love that was lost forever.

🎉 You've finished reading ✿✎✰ 𝗦𝗔𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗨 ✺ 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧𝗦 ✰☽✿ 🎉