14: The Show Must Go On Pt.1

Start from the beginning

In response, Niffty dropped the rats and blinked up at Sir Pentious obliviously, having no idea what he had just said.

Seeing this, Charlie knelt down and handed a small blade for Niffty. "How about this? If you see an angel, stab it." She offered in a much simpler way so Niffty could understand.

Almost immediately after, Niffty's eyes landed on Angel Dust, who was leaning on a pole and talking to Cherri Bomb. She hastily scurried over to him in an attempt to stab him. "Stab! Stab! Stab!"

When Angel noticed her, he quickly climbed up the pole for his dear life. "Hey, hey, hey, hey!!" He yelled.

"Not him!" Charlie gently scolded just before Niffty got the chance to sink the knife into Angel's feet. She then ran away while giggling to find other things to stab.

At the same time, Aria spotted Angel holding on to that pole and averted her attention to him for a while, pausing her training session. "Hey Angel!" She called out, holding back a laugh. "You're a spider man, right? Do a flip!"

Angel snickered in reply and did a flip as he landed on the ground once more, pointing a finger gun at Aria while winking at her. Aria grinned once more and gave her best friend a thumbs up. "Yeah! Not bad!" She praised.

Everyone was then called to gather at the entrance of the Hotel for a slight respite and a very short meeting. Holding her spear in her hand, Vaggie eyed everyone in front of her and commanded them all with the authority of a drill sergeant.

"Listen up, sinners! We've got 24 hours before the Extermination begins. Let's get to work."

Afterwards, the cannibals and sinners trained even more vigorously. Vaggie taught the cannibals about the anatomy of Exorcist angels and where to strike them for best damage. Sir Pentious was in his lair, putting all his focus on his machinery as his Egg Boiz assisted him. Cherri Bomb perfected her explosive attacks with her bombs, while Husk threw out his cards for Angel to shoot so they both could polish their aim. And with all that was going on, Alastor assisted Aria in training her raw strength by wrestling her with his tentacles.

Everyone was doing their best to prepare and fight for their lives and for their home as well. They worked for hours on end, with both excitement and fear boiling inside all their hearts for the upcoming war that will decide their fate.

When evening fell, Charlie rallied all of the cannibals and sinners together once more for one final meeting. Holding Alastor microphone staff in her hands, the Princess stood on a stool and started her speech. "Hello?" She asked, testing the mic for a second before clearing her throat. "I want to thank everyone for coming. Even the people who aren't staying here yet... Cherri."

"Look, I can't resist a fight, okay? Especially when I get to tag team with these idiots!" Cherri laughed, wrapping her arms around both Angel and Aria. All three of them smiled widely and looked at each other like close siblings.

Charlie then returned her attention to the rest of the crowd and continued on with her speech. "Tomorrow, the Exorcist angels will face a Hell ready to defend itself and win!" She declared, punching her fist into the air ardently.

"Yeah! Yeah, we will! Tell 'em, baby!" Vaggie cheered on.

"Yes! And we are- we are going to win!" Charlie went on, before her face fell a little bit. "But in case we don't, I want you all to know that getting to know you has been the biggest honor of my life."

Sir Pentious, Angel, Husk and Aria looked on with soft smiles on their faces as they watched Charlie give out her speech. Alastor watched with an unreadable smile, while Cherri Bomb looked like she wanted to die of boredom.