07: Overture

The deafening chime of the Bell Tower at Heaven Embassy rang throughout Pentagram City, disturbing Aria from her nap in the Hotel's parlor. Yawning, she groaned and shifted around on a couch, refusing to awake.

Angel was enjoying some booze he got from the bar, where Husk was busy wiping some wine glasses. Niffty was nowhere to be seen, and Alastor was waiting for Charlie and Vaggie to show them a surprise.

"Ah, there you are! Come, come sit. I have finished what you have requested and you are going to love it!" Alastor said with his typical wide grin, seeming a bit giddy from what he had in store. When the Princess and her love sat down, the Radio Demon switched on an old TV, playing the commercial he had made himself for the Hazbin Hotel.

It was quite peculiar for him to do this, but Alastor made it anyways. However, the commercial was the furthest thing from making the Hotel attractive to wayward sinners, let alone convincing of redemption and safety from Exterminations.

After the video ended, Alastor switched off the TV and smirked. "So, what do you think?" He asked, stretching out his hand. The filter of static faltered from his voice just slightly, seeming to indicate he was curious about Charlie and Vaggie's reactions.

On the couch they were sitting on, Charlie and Vaggie were so surprised by the commercial being poorly misleading, that Vaggie almost threw a fit. "I'm sorry, what the fuck was that?" She demanded, her eyebrows furrowing from disappointment.

"Uhh, yeah." Charlie added, straining a smile and trying hard not to offend Alastor. "One note... Alastor. First off, thank you so much for making this! Seriously," the Princess said. "Amazing! But um, maybe the tone is a bit... off?" In response, the stag's perma-grin tightened, his eyes narrowing with a tinge of annoyance.

Charlie continued. "We want people to want to come here. This, makes it look, um..."

"Bad, hun." Vaggie interrupted, scowling with her arms crossed. "The word you're looking for is bad."

Alastor put his hands behind him, his smile strained painfully wide. "Now that's funny. I was going for amusing and quite frankly, hilarious!" He said, rolling his eyes.

"It didn't explain anything about how we're trying to save demons from extermination," Vaggie grumbled. "which is the whole fucking point! What you did was mislead the audience to think that this Hotel is never going to work, and you think that's hilarious?"

Nodding her head, Charlie continued to smile and try to explain the problem with a gentler manner. "Vaggie's not wrong, Alastor. The commercial was to let sinners know we are trying to help them in the best way we can."

"Well, my dear," Alastor said, pacing around the parlor. "you know that I haven't been active in Hell for some time. Everyone remembers me for my radio show; the proper medium to express oneself. But you,"

The stag walked back to the antique television and tapped it with his microphone staff with as much of a frown he can make with a smile still intact. "You insisted on this- noisy, useless picture box advertisment! So, I had a little fun with it."

Angered, Vaggie stood up on the couch to meet Alastor's eye level, pointing at him and ranting. "Oh, fun? You had a little fun with it? Well this is not what we wanted, and not what we represent ourselves as!" She scolded. "You showed up here a week ago and told us you'd help run this hotel, but instead you're mocking us. Who's gonna wanna come to a place that a powerful Overlord like you thinks is a waste of time and a joke?"

Disturbed from her nap, Aria's tail flicked from drowsiness as she groaned. "Do you mind? I'm trying to nap. And God, cut him some slack, Vaggie. Alastor tried his best in making a fucking commercial on a television, something that is clearly out of his comfort zone. If you're so fixated on advertising this wacky place, why not make one yourselves?"