09: Scrambled Eggs Pt.1

"Holy shit!" Aria exclaimed as Alastor led her to his room for the first time. Her pastel yellow eyes of excitement gleamed with curiosity and fascination, scanning the room before resting their gaze on the stag before her. "Did you decorate this yourself? It looks amazing!"

A satisfied chuckle escaped Alastor's lungs as he proudly showed the young lioness his fireplace, the shelf of different collectives from when he was alive, as well as other unique things. A literal swamp was connected to the far end of the room, displaying a dark yet calming atmosphere- perfect for someone to dine in.

"Quite the lovely place to be, don't you agree?" He hummed, grinning widely at Aria and cocking his head to the side. "You can come here anytime as long as you have my permission to do so, my dear. I imagine my room would be a perfect napping spot for you, so please do welcome yourself whenever you need it."

A smile filled with gratitude found itself creeping up Aria's lips as she nodded. "Thank you, Alastor." She said, continuing to admire the interior design and the different pictures hanging on the walls of the Radio Demon's room. Meanwhile, Alastor had entered the swamp to hunt for his breakfast.

After a while, the smell of fresh game wafted through the air, intriguing Aria and making her turn her head to see where the scent was coming from. Turns out, Alastor had returned from his hunt with a giant, newly killed buck on his shoulder. He plopped the carcass down on a table, summoning a fork and knife to start dining.

"Is that your typical breakfast?" Aria asked curiously, her eyes blinking in disbelief from the sight of the deer demon eating a deer. "Jeepers, that must be tasty. Do you prefer it raw?" She continued, choosing her words carefully and approaching Alastor.

Letting his microphone staff play a soft tune of jazz, Alastor hummed in agreement and began to daintily feast on his meal. "You have a lot of questions, don't you? Not that I mind, of course. But yes, this is my daily meal, and I do love a good dish of raw venison. Have you ever tried it before, my dear?"

"No," Aria replied, shaking her head and taking a faint whiff of the dead deer. "But I sure want to. This smells delectable!"

"It sure is, my dear. Tell you what, I'll share it with you. Just this time, so you can experience the taste of true ambrosia." The Radio Demon grinned and took a delicate bite of the deer meat, savoring it while cocking his head to the jazz playing on his microphone. Aria grinned and went to try a bit of the venison.

Just as she was about to taste it, however, Vaggie entered Alastor's room without permission, her hands resting on her hips. "Alastor!" She demanded, interrupting his pleasant conversation with his ward.

The jazzy tune from Alastor's mic halted, as well as his meal. Repulsed by the moth demon's rudeness, Aria crossed her arms while the stag just stared at Vaggie, his eyes wide open with controlled irritation. "Do you mind? I'm in the middle of breakfast." He said in a sing-song-like tone.

"Pentious' eggs are all over the place, and we need you to get rid of them." Vaggie explained while some Egg Boiz bickered around behind her legs. The stupid round creatures caught Aria's attention, and she raised an eyebrow at them before looking towards her guardian.

Standing up immediately, Alastor threw away his fork and knife before approaching Vaggie with his signature grin. "Well, in that case I'd be delighted to help!" He chimed, looking down at her. "I shall make sure they'll be gone as soon as possible."

"Humanely, Alastor." Vaggie added, a stern frown on her face. Aria pursed her lips and rolled her eyes, making sure that Ms. no-nonsense, mature angry-face didn't see her.

Alastor turned around and pouted slightly before showing off his wicked grin, hiding it from Vaggie but showing it clear as day to Aria, whose admiration was peaked at the sight. "Oh well, that's a lot less fun." He growled before returning back to his 'normal' self, turning towards Vaggie yet again. "But I suppose I can take care of that on my outing today. Aria, dear?"