𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙸𝙸𝙸: 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝚃𝙴 𝙱𝚄𝚃𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝙾𝚆𝙽

I awoke with a start, wincing once I realized just how much the pulse was hammering inside my head. Jusko, gaano karami ba ang nainom ko?

I groaned, stirring and sitting upwards while cupping my head.

Nang may napagtanto ako.

Wala ako sa dorm. Hindi ito ang kwarto namin ni Zeryl. Shit, may pumingwit ba sa'kin habang lumalangoy ako?!

No, no, ayokong magisip nang masama.

I looked around, blinking rapidly and trying to ignore just how comfortable the four poster bed I was currently in.

"Ew..." Bulong ko, kunog ang noo nang mapansin ang kulay kayumanggi'ng dingding, sahig at mga muebles. Para akong nasa loob ng kabaong... sino bang may ari ng kwartong to, walang taste!

"There's a clean pair of shorts by the bed's end."

A deep but otherwise smooth voice spoke from the unknown, making me slam my body back to bed, shocked and eyes wide. "Clean yourself up."

Dahan-dahan akong bumalik sa pagkakaupo, malalim ang paghinga at hinahanap ang may-ari ng boses. Ang creepy... "Hello?"

"Hello, asan ka?" Tanong ko, ginagalaw ang leeg kagaya ng isang kuwago kasabay ang panlalaki ng mga mata upang matamo kung sino ang kasama ko sa kwarto.

Finally after a few seconds of moving my head that my neck strained, a figure came into view from the side of the bed.

She was seated on the floor, eyes trained on something in front of her. Marahil ay hindi ko siya nakita dahil sa kurtinan'g nakatali sa isang kahoy na poste... at siguro dahil din sa pagkasandal niya sa dingding.

The side of her face greeted me, wavy auburn hair surfing down her nape... I couldn't tell which color her eyes were but they looked almost... Gray.

Her tall nose bridge went down on a slope, perfectly carved to fit the shape of her moderately thick downward-turned lips. Her jaw was box-like and sharp and the muscle on her temple flexed as she swallowed consistently.

I looked down on the brown carpeted floor. She was solving a jigsaw puzzle and there was a thick comforter on her lap.

Sa sahig ba siya natulog?

At teka, nasan ang dress ko?!

"Nasan ako?" I questioned after grabbing the shorts from the other side of the bed, my fingers clutching the warm and fluffy blanket tightly. I didn't even realize that a white button shirt took the dress's place...

The stranger pursed her lips, looking up for a split second. Our eyes met. My breath hitched... I was right. Her eyes were gray.

"Three guesses." Ani niya at ibinaba muli ang tingin. That short contact... It was enough for me. The way she averted her gaze made me see something beautiful from something so fleeting.

"You don't want to try?" Tanong muli ng babae. My lips curled.

"Ate... Ayoko sanang maging bastos kasi sobrang aga pa pero hindi mo ba napansing kagigising ko lang?" Paliwanag ko, hindi pinapansin ang pag-tibok ng noo pati na rin ang kagustuhang humikab.

"You're still in Coroner's Mansion or Apollo's home.  If you will," she yawned, which made me want to yawn even more. "I took you in last night after you passed out. Drunk."

Well, how would I know?

Binanggit ng estranghera ang huling salita na para bang iniinsulto niya ako. Suddenly, I felt embarrassment filling my body with heat and my hands lifted the duvet higher to cover half my face.