4. wrong flag

(Note the any and all cover art is NOT mine! Enjoy the story!)

Y/N POV:

Once I woke up I got dressed into some comfortable clothes (your pick) and did my hair. As I walked to breakfast I saw a lot of kids doing shielding practices, running, ect. It looked a little weird but I shrugged it off. It was camp half-blood, it was most definitely going to be weird...

I sit down at my own table, it felt weird not to sit with Travis and Connor- in the few days I've been here I had gotten used to their yelling. As I ate peacefully I see a pair of hands land next to me, I saw the smooth skin and clean nails and knew it was annabeth!

I smile and look up, "good morning, annabeth." I say softly, sipping my coffee. Her bright smile shined as she spoke.

"Morning Y/N! Do you know what day it is?"

I look at her confused, "Friday?" I question, dragging a laugh from annabeth. She shook her head.

"No, silly, it's chapter the flag!" I look even more confused, she sighs, "capture the flag? The game with two teams and each team has to get the other team's flag? An elementary school game?... My gods.. Okay, evey year the camp plays a game, capture the flag, where the camp is split into two teams and each team has to try to get the other flag. Chiron will explain the bigger rules later."

I nod and say, "ah, that clears it up. Thanks Annie"

She looks at me before giggling, "Annie? Wow, never heard that one, normally I'm called wise girl." We both share a chuckle.

I tilt my body to talk to her better, "so does everyone have a funny nickname like that or is if just you?"

Annabeth sits down and says, "oh we all have nicknames! Grover is goat boy. Percy is seaweed brain. Nico is corpse breath or ghost king. Will is sunshine or doctor. Leo is repair boy. Travis and Connor are the twins, we haven't really got a nickname for them"

I nod and think for a second then say "what about me, what do you think would be a good nickname?"

"What about, mamas?" I hear a cocky voice speak in front of me and annabeth. we look over and see Leo with a sly smirk.

I roll my eyes and annabeth says, "be quiet Leo, we aren't calling Y/N 'mamas' that's gross." Leo groans and leaves.

I look over at annabeth and she says "I am so sorry about him. He's a bit much... But uh, I can't really think of a nickname.."

I think of what my dad would call me 'flower's my heart warms. "Flowers, " I spoke softly. Annabeth looks confused. "Flowers, my dad used to call me that."

Annabeth smiles big and claps her hands. "Flowers it is!" She peeps.

~~~~

After a while I was hanging out with my group when a horn blows and everyone gathered around the river. We were all in heavy broze armor. Sweat was drowning me as Chiron told the rules.

Once the horn blows a second time everyone runs off to get ready. Me and my group get together.

Annabeth says, "me, will, and Travis will go and keep watch around the flag with a third of the team. Connor, Leo, and nico with watch around the river with the second third. Y/N and Percy will the to grab the flag with the rest. Let's go!"

We all go our separate ways, me trudging a little behind. Of course I had to be paired with the one guy in our group who hate me. Why did he even hate?! As we kept walking Percy walked slow to get close to me. I glare at him

Percy says, "I just wanted to say.. Thank you- f- for returning my jacket.." I nod, not looking up from my shoes. I hear him let out an annoyed sigh.

"Look I know you hate me but you don't have to ignore me too!" He hisses coldy. I look at him and stop walking.