Season 1-19 (Provenance)

Hayden and Sam sat at a table in a bar, looking over newspapers at a potential case while Dean was chatting up a random woman. Well, Sam was researching. Hayden was reading the second book from The Series of Unfortunate Events Series. Dean was still very persistent on keeping Hayden uninvolved in the hunts but prepared for anything. So it took little convincing for him to buy her the first few books of the series.

Sam picked up a newspaper and began reading it before he waved Dean over. Hayden noticed this and put her book down.

"You found something?" She asked as Dean turned his back to Sam.

"Yeah." Sam replied trying to wave Dean over again but was ignored again. Sam rolled his eyes and turned to Hayden.

"Get your father over here before I kill him." He said glaring at his brother. Hayden giggled and set her book on the table.

"I'm on it." She said getting up from her chair. She quickly headed over to Dean with a smile.

"Daddy?" She said catching Dean's attention as well as the attention of the woman he was flirting with. He looked at his daughter, smiling sheepishly. The woman smiled as she examined the child. She was dressing in leggings and a AC/DC t-shirt.

"This is your kid? She's so adorable." She said.

"Thanks, but I need to steal my daddy." Hayden said with a fake smile before turning to Dean.

"Come on, Daddy. This is important." She said tugging on his sleeve.

"Alright, I gotta go. Hold that thought. I'll be right back, okay?" Dean said. He then grabbed two beers and walked away with Hayden.

"Not cool, Princess." He said as they walked over to Sam.

"Sorry." She laughed. Once they reached the table, Dean set the drinks down adn glared a his brother.

"Sending my kid on me is a new low." He said.

"It was that or I kill you. Now I think I got something." Sam said not looking up from the paper. Hayden sat back in her seat next to Sam and went back to her book.

"Yeah, me too. I think we need to take a little shore leave for just a little bit. What do you think? I'm so in the door with this one." Dean said trying to convince Sam to watch Hayden while he entertained the woman.

"So what are we today, Dean? Are we rock stars? Are we Army Rangers?" Sam asked.

"Wasn't that last week's act?" Hayden asked as she turned the page in her book.

"Really Hayden?" Dean said.

"Just saying." She remarked.

"Alright. We're L.A movie scouts looking for people with special skills." He said quickly. The three laughed.

"That's descriptive." Hayden laughed.

"By the way, she's got a friends over there. I could probably hook you up. What do you think?" Dean suggested.

"Dean, no thanks. 1. I can get my own dates. 2. Someone's gotta watch your kid while you're enjoying your dates." Sam turned his brother down.

"I can watch myself." Hayden said not taking her eyes off the book. Sam made a face at her, making her sigh and turn to him.

"Go enjoy yourself. Our lives are crazy and I'm probably just gonna sleep anyways."  She said. Sam gave her a dead look. Hayden's eyes widened and she shoved her face back into her book.

"Right... sorry." She said.

"Anyways, what do you got?" Dean said going back to the original topic.

"Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York, were both found dead in their home just a few days ago." Sam started.