Season 1-8 (Bugs)

Hayden sat on the hood of the impala with Sam as the two waited for Dean to finish his pool hustle.

Sam was reading a newspaper searching for a hunter while Hayden was watching the stars.

"Uncle Sammy?" Hayden called. Sam turned away from the paper and looked at her.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"The stars are really pretty tonight. They look brighter." She said. Sam looked up at the stars before smiling softly at his niece.

"Are they?" He asked.

"Yeah. Look! I can make a picture." She said. Sam watched as she point her finger to the sky, drawing aimlessly.

"What'd you draw?" He asked.

"A bug." She said. Sam frowned in confusion.

"A bug? Why?" He asked.

"I don't know." She said with a shrug.

"So what type of bug is it?" Sam asked.

"A ladybug? Ladybugs have 6 legs right?" She replied.

"Yeah." Sam chuckled.

"Are they black?" She asked.

"No." Sam laughed.

"Oh. I didn't draw a ladybug." She said.

Before Sam could respond, Dean chuckled proudly as he walked down the stairs approaching the two.

"You know we could get day jobs once in a while." Sam said as Dean started counting the cash he'd won.

"Hunting's our day job and the pay is crap." Dean stated.

"We get paid?" Hayden asked, her face painted with disbelief.

"My point exactly." Dean remarked.

"Yeah but hustling pool? Credit card scams? It's not the most honest thing in the world Dean." Sam said.

"Well let's see. Honest. Fun and ease." Dean said using his hands as a scale. He used the money for Fun and Easy and nothing for Honest. "It's no contest." He said weighing his hands so Fun and Easy would win.

"Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do." He added before he went back to counting his money.

"Yeah, we'll how we were raised was jacked." Sam said.

"Yeah, says you." Dean grumbled.

"But daddy, that's against the law. What if we get caught?" Hayden said worried.

"We won't. Wait how do you even know what's against the law?" He asked. Sam turned to his niece also curious.

"I found Uncle Sammy's Book of Law. It's more interesting than math." She said. Dean froze and gaped at his daughter.

"Dear god." He said.

"What?" Sam asked. Dean turned his eyes to his brother.

"What have you done to my baby?" He questioned.

"I didn't do anything. Hayden why were you going through my stuff? You know you're not supposed to do that." Sam asked.

"I didn't go through your stuff." Hayden lied.

"Hayden that book was at the bottom of my bag, wrapped up in loose cloth. Tell the truth." Sam said.

"Well I didn't mean to but your girlfriend wanted to see it to make sure you still had the note she left in there. She wouldn't leave me alone, even after I told her I wasn't allowed. But after I found it, I wanted to read the book because I wanted to know why you loved it enough to go to school to learn it. So I read it." She explained before her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hands. Sam's face hardened.