Season 1-16 (Shadow)

It was the dead of night and the Winchesters were resting peacefully in yet another motel room. Well, Dean and Sam were resting peacefully. Hayden was tossing and muttering in her sleep. She was muttering and whimpering so much that Dean immediately woke up. Not even a second later she started screaming and woke up Sam. Both brothers quickly went and started trying to wake her.

She had been having night terrors since she and Sam were kidnapped. She never wanted to admit it but the entire endeavor left a mark on her because she was tortured like she was with her previous family. She tried to hide it to not worry Sam and Dean but they knew everything.

After a couple of minutes, Dean got her to wake up. She said nothing and began crying. The brothers shared a worried glance as Dean held her. They didn't get a chance to ask her what happened because she cried herself back to sleep.

.

.

.

It had been a week since the incident. Hayden still had night terrors but not as bad as that one. They were, however, costing her her sleep. Sam and Dean had tried asking her about them but she wouldn't say anything. In fact, Hayden had become more quiet than usual and she was jumping at her own shadow. No matter how worried the brothers were or how much they asked, she wouldn't talk.

Dean had pulled up across the street from an apartment complex. Sam had found them a new hunt. He quickly got out and went to the trunk. Sam sat in the car a little longer and examined the building. He then turned to his niece making sure she was still asleep before he got out the car.

"Alright Dean. This is the place." He said as Dean approached him. He turned checking on his daughter who was sleeping soundly.

"She'll be alright Dean." Sam said.

"Will she though? It's freaking Bloody Mary all over again but this time she's not talking." Dean stated.

"Listen, she'll get through whatever is going on because she's got us. Let's take care of this case for right now." Sam said. Dean nodded and the two started to the apartment complex.

"You know I gotta say, dad and me did just fine without these stupid costumes. I feel like a high school drama dork." Dean complained. The brothers were dressed as home security workers. The two chuckled before Dean remembered something.

"What was that play you did? What was it? Our Town? You were good. It was cute." He said.

"Look you wanna pull this off or not?" Sam asked.

"I'm just saying. These outfits cost hard earned money." Dean stated.

"Whose?" Sam questioned.

"Ours. You think credit card fraud is easy?" Dean said.

.

.

.

Sam and Dean were starting to do their investigation after talking with the landlord about the victim and the murder.

"So the killer walks in and out of the apartment. No weapons, no prints, nothing." Dean said as he pulled out a EMP device.

"I'm telling you, the moment I saw the article in the newspaper, I knew this was our kind of gig." Sam said.

"I think I agree with you." Dean said as the EMP read went off.

"So you spoke with the cops?" Sam asked as the both stood up to get the investigation started.

"Uh, yeah. I spoke to uh, Amy, the charming, perky officer of the law." Dean responded with a smirk.

"Yeah? What'd you find out?" Sam asked.