In a way... that betrayal was consuming Taehyun's heart whole.

His mother, his dearly beloved mother, really worked for a monster, knowing exactly who he was and what he was doing to them, to their love.

At that moment, Taehyun couldn't think rationally and consider that she did it because she knew her salary would be high enough to cover the costs and provide for her own family as a single-raising mother.

Why... why there Mom? Out all jobs in Korea, why did you choose that place.

Soobin saw him, and it was yet again a painful reminder.

That he caused it.

I shouldn't have kissed him. God... why was I so fucking stupid, so careless.

Soobin then gave two people a call in another room that they should come immediately, and both thankfully said that they'll be on their way, despite how late it already was.

After hanging up, Soobin slowly walked towards the couch, and sat down next to Taehyun, giving him some space.

He didn't feel like it was right at the moment to be close to him, after everything that went down a couple minutes ago.

But he had other plans.

"Do you—"

Taehyun suddenly threw himself onto Soobin, wrapping his arms tightly around his neck, knees still tucked it, wanting to feel small and protected in his embrace.

Like nothing could hurt him again...

Soobin hugged him back, his hands hanging around his waist, holding him close to his chest.

"Soobin, p-please tell me this is just a dream," Taehyun begged.

Those words broke something in them.

Because Soobin could not lie to him and say it's going to be fine.

It's not.

It won't be.

"I wish I could."

Taehyun choked out another sob, and buried his head into the crook of his neck as he completely broke down in tears, weeping and sobbing into his shirt. Soobin could only caress his back soothingly and hug him tighter, although he doubted Taehyun will calm down after such an episode.

I think my father has truly lost his mind, like, barging into an apartment without any notice and pointing pistols?!

But Soobin knew that it was not the time for getting angry.

Taehyun needed him.

More than ever before.

It's one of the last times we can still be here... for each other.

So Soobin only held him close in his arms, rocking him back and forth gently (like how you would comfort a baby), hoping the tranquil movement would somehow soothe him, even if it was ineffective.

Even though Soobin himself could barely take it, the reality they now found themselves trapped in, with no way to escape the ensnaring shackles.