Chapter 25

It was decided where the next stop was to be, getting supplies from a store out of town where hopefully word of Eddie had not yet reached. Eddie got a halloween mask from Max to cover his face as everyone leaves the trailer and follows him down to an RV.

"Stealing now, great" You muttered softly.

Everyone sneaks in through a window, you head to the front and keep low and watch as Eddie begins to hotwire it. Steve comes up behind and asks Eddie about where he learned to do it and Eddie says from his dad. You put a hand on his shoulder comfortingly when Robin comes up.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving," Robin said.

"Oh I'm starting this sucker. Harrington's got her, don't ya big boy?" Eddie replied.

With that Eddie got it started, music began playing and the owners were banging at the window. Eddie jumped out of the seat and Steve in it.

"Time to go," you run to the back and find a place to sit while Steve hits the gas and takes off.

Sitting with Eddie you take his hand as you feel his knee bouncing on the seat. He may not have committed murder like the town thought but he had just committed grand theft auto, so he was in trouble now but it didn't matter much if the murder charge can't be dropped.

"We'll clear you, I don't know how it's all going to play out exactly and I hate the plan but if it's what we have to do then...We have to" you tell him.

"I'm sorry you're dragged into this, I was afraid something like this would happen one day. I'd be just like my old man" Eddie replied.

"Stop it, you are not like him. Sure laws have been broken but we'll all take the fall with you, once we stop the real killer it'll all be over and we can leave this place. Start over somewhere new."

"Too late to consider law school?"

"I'd hate it."

"Yeah."

"I love you, to the moon and back."

"I love you too princess."

Silence fell for a while, you lay your head on his shoulder while Dustin talked to him. Trying to get their minds off the current situation. Arriving at the store, only a few went in. You stay in the car with Eddie and the kids that stayed. But it didn't seem like they were inside long before running back out with stuff and hurrying inside the RV. Jason was inside, and that was going to be trouble. Steve started the car and drove off.

After driving for a bit Steve parked in a field, in the middle of nowhere and everyone got out. There were things to prepare, make and do to be ready to initiate the start of everything. You were sitting on the ground handing nails to Dustin and Eddie, they were nailing them into trash can lids.

"How's it feel?" Dustin asked.

"Light but durable," Eddie replied, wielding the homemade shield.

Dustin tried making a joke, Eddie and you looked at him with a blank face. He sighed in defeat before Eddie tackled him. They wrestled for a minute or two, you watching and couldn't help but smile softly seeing them interacting.

"Never change, Dustin Henderson. Promise me?" Eddie said.

"I wasn't planning on it," Dustin replied.

"Good."

"If anything happens, make sure your sister finds happiness..I don't want her to spend life alone mourning me."

"I can hear you," you join them now. "I'll mourn however long I damn well please Eddie Munson. But I don't plan on letting you die."

"That makes two of us," Dustin said.

You pull both of them into a hug, a small family hug. These two right here were some of the most important people in your life. They were the most important men in it and you were not going to lose either one of them.

"But I promise, I'll eventually move on and find happiness again if you promise to do the same" You tell Eddie.

You take his face in your hands now after letting go of the hug, Dustin steps away to check on Lucas and Erica. You look very serious at him, you didn't want him to suffer and die alone if you end up dying here and now with the coming fight.

"I promise but no one can ever replace you princess," Eddie replies.

"Good, I have big shoes to have filled then."

He kisses you softly and you kiss back, forgetting the coming fight and troubles. Forgetting the world you are currently in. This might be the last moment you share together in slight happiness. When you pull away you feel a tear slip down your cheek that he wipes away.

"We should get back to work," you said.

"Yeah, I suppose so."

You guys walk over to the Sinclair siblings, finish helping with the spears then everyone taking turns working with them and the shields. Before long though everyone piled back into the RV and everyone was silent while Steve drove to the old Creel house.

The time to take down Vecna has come.