Chapter 13

"Megan! Does this look okay?" you came out of Megan's bathroom asking.

"If you mean you look hot then yes" she replied.

You were at Megan's house getting ready for a party, even though it was summer that didn't stop the rich kids from throwing parties. You got invited by Megan and are bringing Eddie along. You wanted to fit in with the cooler kids of the school so you asked Megan if you could borrow something from her. Short skirt, cut off shirt and some boots. Once you both were ready you left together, planning to meet Eddie and Billy there.

As you walked in, eyes were drawn to you. Making you a bit self conscious and regretting your choice of clothing. You make your way through the house with Megan, she spots Billy and leaves. You look around, feeling nervous and waiting on Eddie.

"Damn Henderson, you sure know how to clean up" Tommy's voice said.

Was that supposed to be a compliment? You ask yourself, didn't he have a girlfriend anyway. He just continued to hit on you until a pair of arms snake around you from behind and kiss is placed on your neck.

"Sorry baby the doorknobs at the door wouldn't let me, didn't believe me when I was invited" Eddie said.

"It's okay," you said.

Tommy just walked away, you let out a breathe and Eddie spun you around. He still held you in his arms and smiled at you.

"You look hot," he said before kissing you.

"Really? I feel a bit weird."

"Yes really."

You then walk through the house with him, find some drinks and find yourselves outside where there are less people. You definitely have made the decision that house parties are not your thing. The drinking, and constantly being hit on, and just rude people. After about an hour of being there Eddie could tell that you were done.

"Why don't we go do something not lame," he said.

"Sure," you reply.

You both go to find Megan, tell her you were leaving with Eddie and then do just that. Sitting in the familiar seat and just looking out the window you were already feeling relaxed. Eddie's hand reached for yours as he drove with the other, he took you out to a lake and parked.

"Should I be suspicious?" you ask.

"No, just thought you might like the quiet," he replied.

"I'm sorry I made you leave, I could have walked home."

"I'm not missing anything, besides they are all dickheads anyway. The only reason I have ever been invited to one of those parties is to supply things."

"Any ideas on what you want to do after you graduate?"

"If I ever, do you mean?" he chuckled softly. "Music baby, be a rockstar and tour."

"You will next year, I'll help you. How will I ever get my Corroded Coffin fix if you're stuck in Hawkins?"

"You'd really help?"

"Of course! We'll walk the stage next year. Together."

"I don't know what I did to deserve your but I sure as hell am lucky."

You talk about music for about fifteen minutes before turning to movies, arguing over it and then begin making out.

"We should get going, I need to be home soon" you say.

"Mmmm, do you really?" He hums against your neck.

"Yes, my mom isn't the strictest but she doesn't like when we get home past curfew. Ever since the weird things that started happening the past few years."

"Fine, if I must return you."

You talk on the way home mostly about what to do with the summer. He has more gigs throughout it and invites you to come when you can. You have your job to do of course and then pretty soon Dustin returns from camp.

"What are you doing 4th of July?" He asks

"Probably going to the carnival thing that the mayor has planned. Why?" You ask

"Maybe we could go together?"

"I would love to Eddie."

He drops you off at him, gives you a hell of a goodnight kiss and tells you to have sweet dreams. You go inside and to your room, your mom asked how the night was while you walk by.

"Splendid, truly splendid" you reply.