Chapter 3

Christmas break was practically here, it was the Friday just before break starts and you decided to stay late at school to practice on the piano there since the Christmas Concert was going to be at the school you figured getting in one more practice on the actual piano would be a good idea. So here you were, late into the night heading to your car to head home. You got inside and started it but there was a problem, the car wouldn't start. All it did was sputter and try starting but nothing actually happened.

So out you got, slammed the door and cursed the car. Sure it wasn't a new car and it had problems but it got you around when needed and it was reliable for the most part. But of course it broke down now when there was no place open to get a tow-truck. You head back to the school so you could call your mom to get you but as you were walking a group of teenage boys were leaving one side of the school, you recognized the one in front. Eddie Munson, whom you haven't really talked to since the Halloween party. They continued your way and Eddie saw you.

"Why are you still here princess?" he asked.

"I was practicing on the piano, what are you doing here so late?" you replied.

"Hellfire Club, last session until the new school year."

The name was familiar but you couldn't really place why, the confused look on your face was enough for Eddie though as he chuckled a bit before explaining it to you.

"It's a D&D club, a dice game with role play, ever heard of it?"

"Oh right, yeah my little brother plays with his friends."

"Oh really? Well maybe they'd be interested in joining when they eventually get to high school."

"I will let him know about it."

"Well goodnight then."

Eddie and the others start to walk away. You on the other hand start for the school again when you hear him saying your name so you stop.

"Uh, aren't you leaving?" he asked.

"Oh uh," you began and got a bit embarrassed. "My car won't start so I was going to call my mom for her to pick me up."

"I can give you a ride, if you want."

"Oh, I don't want to be a bother."

"You aren't, besides it would be rude if I just left you here by yourself."

So you follow them, Eddie opens the passenger door for you and closes it once you are in the car. The other three boys were polite in letting you have the front seat, everyone else got in and Eddie began taking everyone home. He dropped two of the guys off before reaching your house.

"Thanks for the ride, I hope you have a good break" you said as you opened the door.

"Anytime princess and you too" Eddie replied.

You got out of the car, walked up your driveway and headed inside after unlocking the door. You go to the kitchen for a snack as you didn't eat much in the way of dinner at the school but once you were done you went to your room and straight to bed.

Time passed on, break was coming to an end and you didn't want it to. It's not that you don't like school but you like sleep more. You had been getting to sleep in all during break and you didn't want that to stop. Today you planned practically to do nothing as you had the house to yourself, your mom was away on a ladies weekend with some of her friends and Dustin was going to be at the Wheeler's playing D&D. So you put on a pair of leggings with an oversized sweater to keep warm as you cleaned the house up and made sure you had everything ready for school to start. Once the work was done you decided to make some popcorn and watch a movie. Right as you were coming back from the kitchen with the popcorn there was a knock on your door, so you walked over and opened it.