Chapter 9

You spilled all the details to Meg on the phone after school that day, then you planned to go shopping the following weekend to get dresses for prom and that day has now come. You and her were shopping and spent most of the morning trying on various dresses before settling on the perfect ones. Then of course you went out for lunch and chatted about how excited you were about the dance next month.

"I honestly didn't expect to be so excited for prom, I mean this is only junior year so there isn't much to get excited for because that is totally next year as a senior. But after Eddie asked me to be his date I can't help being excited but also nervous" you spill out to Meg.

"Well I would have made sure you had a fantastic time at prom even without a date, and I'm sure Steve would have danced with you at least once" Meg replied before finishing off her drink.

"I can't believe that school is also almost over, just two months left and then summer!"

"I know right? I'm thinking of getting a job at the new mall opening up, what about you got any summer job plans?"

"I might see about applying at some places, but I also was thinking of offering music lessons over the summer again."

For the past few years you have offered music lessons to kids over the summer, and it made you some decent money. But a part time job outside of that couldn't hurt either. Help you save up for a new car maybe.

"Well it'd be fun to work together maybe."

"Yeah, I'll think about it."

Once your meal was over you guys left and Meg dropped you off at home, you saw Steve's car parked in the driveway. You figured he was here to watch another of the Star Wars movies with Dustin.

"Hi Dusty, hi Steve" you say after entering the house.

"Hi, want to join us? We're watching Empire Strikes Back," Dustin said.

"Let me put my things away then sure," you reply before heading off to your room.

You come back and sit next to Dustin on the couch and watch the movie with them, you weren't as big a fan of the movies as Dustin was but you enjoyed watching the things he liked. You stole some of the popcorn from the bowl your brother had in his lap and he tossed some at you in fake anger. You rolled your eyes but picked the pieces up off your lap before eating them. When the movie was over Dustin said he was heading off to the Wheeler's. You walked Steve to the door after Dustin left.

"Hey uh, I was wondering do you uh have a date to prom yet?" Steve asked.

"I do actually," you reply.

"Oh that's good to hear."

"Were you going to ask me?"

"Well I mean, we're friends and it's my senior year so I thought that maybe if you hadn't been asked we could have gone together."

"Oh I'm sorry Steve, I was asked earlier this week. But maybe we can have a dance together at least."

"Don't feel like you have to."

"I don't feel like that. Like you said, we're friends and I want you to get some enjoyment out of prom."

"Right, uh bye and see you at school."

"Bye."

You close the door and head to your room, you did plan to have at least one dance with Steve at prom. Besides you and Eddie weren't actually dating or anything so it's not like it would be weird at all if you danced with another guy.

The weeks passed quickly and it was now the week of prom, it's currently Monday and practically all the girls are over the moon or devastated at not being asked to prom. You were in the cafeteria carrying your lunch tray and looking for a place to sit when you saw Eddie trying to get your attention so you headed over to the table where the Hellfire Club was seated.

"Afternoon boys," you say as you place your tray on the table and take a seat next to Eddie.

"Afternoon milady," Gareth and Jeff say at the same time.

"Are you all going to prom?"

"Our parents are sort of making us go even though we don't have dates, because we need to 'experience the fullness of high school' which apparently includes prom" Jeff replied.

"Well at least you have each other and won't be bored right? Plus there is bound to be a ton of fast songs played."

"Oh we fully expect to spend our time on the bleachers watching as you and Eddie enjoy yourselves on the dance floor."

You could have sworn you saw a tint of color in Eddie's cheeks but he tossed a napkin at Jeff and rolled his eyes. Clearly the club members have started to tease him about you.

"Well, if it's okay with Eddie that night maybe I can spare a few dances to give you each one" you look at the boys then to Eddie.

"We'll see," was all Eddie replied.

You spend the rest of lunch at the table with them, they talked about the campaign and were trying to get spoilers from Eddie which he stayed tight lipped on. They looked at you as if they expected you to say something. You had been helping Eddie come up with a few things since the last time you had played.

"Oh no, you aren't getting shit out of me" you tell them.

They roll their eyes and then the bell rings. All of them but Eddie stand up. As you begin to gather your things you feel his hand on your arm.

"Are you coming to the Hideout tomorrow?" he asked, looking at you.

"I hope to," you smile as you reply.

"I hope to see you there then."

Eddie wanted to see you there? You had gone a few times and loved watching them play but something about hearing him say this made it feel different this time. He takes his hand back before walking with you to dispose of your tray and then down the hallway.

The next day came and you were indeed able to make it to the Hideout, you took a seat near the front this time rather than the middle where you usually sat. It didn't take long for the band to start playing and you noticed that Eddie looked at you a lot more than he ever has when you show up. Then something happened that you least expected, the next song they played sounded more like a ballad then anything they usually play. You smiled the whole time and clapped when it ended. Once they were done for the night waited around to tell them how great they played and ask about the sudden change of set list to play a ballad.

"Oh that was all Eddie" Jeff said smirking.

He patted Eddie on the back before taking some equipment outside with the others, you look at Eddie who was scratching the back of his neck. What did Jeff mean by that and why did it make Eddie nervous?

"Eddie?"

"We've been practicing it for the past week and it was added at the last minute tonight when I saw you. It was sort of dedicated to you without actually saying it though, I uh" he said and stepped a bit closer to you and put his hands on your hips.

"I like you y/n, a lot and uh I wanted to make tonight a little more special because I want to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Your heart was racing, your breath caught in your throat. Eddie Munson was asking you to be his girlfriend. You smile wider than you had all night, you gently put a hand on his cheek.

"Yes Eddie, I would love to."

He was smiling from ear to ear and you have never seen him smile so wide and it was infectious because your own smile grew wider. He offers to walk you to your car and you go hand in hand before reaching it.

"I'll see you tomorrow," you say.

"I look forward to it," he replies before kissing your hand.