Chapter 21

Eddie never showed up last night, it was weird. You stayed awake as long as you could for him but nothing. You were coming out of your room when you heard your mom and Dustin watching the news. A body was found at the trailer park, a student of Hawkins High School. You begin to panic. Quickly dialing Eddie's number, no one answered.

"Come on, please pick up" you mutter. Nothing after three tries, not even Wayne picking up. "Damn it."

You look at your mom, hoping that it's not Eddie and praying that he is okay and that there is some other explanation to his not showing up or answering the phone. You sniffle and try to not cry as you walk towards your room. Hearing Eddie's name come from Dustin's room, he was talking to someone.

"What about Eddie?" you ask while opening the door.

"Y/n," Dustin said.

"He wasn't the body found," Max said.

"You saw him?"

"Uh, sort of." She looked at Dustin.

"Please tell me."

"Chrissy's body was found in the Munson trailer. They think Eddie killed her," Dustin said.

"No, no!" You shout. "Eddie wasn't there was he?"

"Not when the cops came, but he's the only one who knows what happened," Max said.

"Do you know where he might be?" Dustin asked.

"No, if he didn't come here then I don't know."

"We have to find him before the cops do," Dustin grabbed his things.

He and Max left the room and were walking to the front door, your mom was saying it wasn't safe to leave. You follow after them and grab the door before Dustin can close it.

"I'm coming," you tell him.

"You can't," he started, but you cut him off.

"He is my boyfriend and he's out there somewhere in danger, go ahead and try to stop me."

Dustin looks at Max who shrugs and with a sigh they both get in your car and Dustin tells you to head to Family Video.

"How can Steve and Robin help?" you ask while driving.

"More like their computer can help," Dustin said.

You pull in and park the car, Dustin and Max are already rushing inside before you turn the car off. You get inside just in time to hear Max telling Robin and Steve what was going on. You walk up to the counter and Robin looks at you.

"Y/n," she said and came over to hug you.

"How can I help?" you ask Dustin.

"Grab the board there and a marker," he replies.

You write down phone numbers and names that he gives you, lists of people who might have seen Eddie lately. Once a list is compiled he, Robin and Max start calling people. You swap off with Robin so she can help Steve with customers. Then Max gets a name. Steve mentioned the cops and Dustin went off a little on him. Then Robin gets back on the computer.

"I know that look, you're on to something" you say leaning over her shoulder.

Looking through a list of Rick's that have accounts at the store you all find one that looks promising, living out in a middle of nowhere kind of place.

"Oh Robin I could kiss you," you say with a squeal at the hopes of finding Eddie.

You all leave the store and get into Steve's car, you can't help but bounce your knee nervously as Steve drives towards Lover's Lake. You really hoped that Eddie would be at this Reefer Rick's place. You guys arrive, Dustin is trying the door and nothing is happening. You all then go to the boathouse in the back. You're with Robin looking around, it is definitely a place one could hide out for a while. You hear Steve mention something about everyone almost dying a hundred times and your eyes widen cause you have no idea what he's talking about.