Chapter VIII

(Warning: Mentions of spanking and masochistic tendencies)

"Sure"

(Y/N) gulped as she heard Lucifer say that. Was he serious? He couldn't be actually serious right now... The girl climbed down from her chair and expected the fallen angel to do the same, which he did. He was about 1,5 heads taller than her and smirked down at her as he bends over slightly, holding himself steady with one hand on the bar counter, the other one at his hip. Angel and Husker just stared at what happened right before their eyes, Angel almost spitting out his drink. The small demon felt like he was taunting her, and it made (Y/N) grit her teeth. It was true, she wouldn't be able to kick his butt without loosing her balance herself, so she walked over to Husker. "Can you help me out with this one?" Husker let out a laugh, before replying: "Oh hell no. You think I'd help you kick Charlie's dad? I don't have a death with, ya know??" With a huff (Y/N) turned to Angel. "Can you pick me up?" Angel snorted and shook his head. "Ya gotta do this on your own, toots. I ain't helping ya kickin the butt of the king of hell."

Lucifer was snickering as he waited for (Y/N), his grin staying plastered on his face. "Aww, so you are too short. Usually I am the small one, but you are really tiny." The woman's face flushed in anger as he called her tiny and babied her. But before this situation could lead to an argument, Charlie intervened. "Are you guys ready for today's activity???" It was silent for a moment, before (Y/N) forced herself to smile as she turned away from Lucifer and towards Charlie. "Absolutely. What are we doing today?" "We are gonna play some board games. I've been reading a book about how it can help people bond! How about we start with Ludo?" At least they didn't have to talk about themselves again. Huskers eyes lit up before he cracked his knuckles and grinning. "Get ready to lose, folks"

And Husk had been right, he was good, even though they weren't playing poker. The dice just seemed to love him and gave him exactly the digits he needed to win. Even when (Y/N) and Angel tried working together to beat him, they miserably failed. How was that even possible? He couldn't win every time, could he? But even after changing his dice multiple times, Husker still won every time. Charlie was just having fun, but Angel and (Y/N) had gotten really competitive about this game of Ludo. "Fuck, how do you do that?!", Angel yelled when Husker kicked his figure out for the 7th time in the last 5 minutes. A low chuckle escaped Husker before (Y/N) managed to get a good role with her die and managed to kick one of Huskers figures out. She had a bright victorious smile on her lips before she quickly lost it, when Husk kicked that figure of her out as well. "Fucking Hell, this isn't fair!" The girl yelled and crossed her arms to not throw her stupid dice against the wall. "The dice chose me, not my fault", was Husks reply. "Oh yeah? Bet you sold your soul to have that kind of luck!", Angel chuckled, his grin still a bit teasing and tense. The game was over quickly, just like the ones before that. Husk had won every time, which Charlie praised him for, though (Y/N) and Angel sat together, silently planning the revenge which they would never execute.

Lucifer had been watching from the background. His daughter sure seemed to have a lot of fun, but she was also so soft. Most Sinners out there would tear her apart if she didn't take care of herself, but he was surprised how well they behaved around her. He smirked when he saw (Y/N) unintentionally shifting in her seat from time to time, the lesson from yesterday still leaving its marks. She was doing well for now and even took part in this small group activity for his daughter. It was nice to see a small change in sinners, but in the end, most of them probably wouldn't be able to be redeemed themselves anyways. All of them were rotten down to the core and if Lucifer had known that his gift of free will, would end like this, maybe he wouldn't have done it.