A Second Chance PT 9

Start from the beginning

None. Of. This.

You know he said that this isn't your fault but as you pass by taking note of the amount of injured people and the amount of people covered in dust from the fallen buildings you are slowly starting to think otherwise. You try to blink back your tears as you finally reach his room. Taking a deep breath you enter as you exhale. From the distance, you can see there are bandages wrapped around his left arm, his forehead, and even his abdomen. Slowly you pull up a chair next to his bed holding onto his hand before gently brushing his hair back. As you examine his features you take note of his busted bottom lip and the lack of color in his face.

You hate this...you hate this a lot. He's like this because of you all of this the pain, the suffering everything is because of you. You place a gentle kiss on his forehead before deciding to give your doctor a call. Granted you are sure that she's probably busy but you want to check in to make sure everything is alright with the baby.

•°~°•

Each day for the next 3 weeks you stayed in Miguel's room for 5 hours. You couldn't help it not being there with him not knowing if he's going to be okay not knowing if he's making progress. Not knowing if he's going wake up....

You hate every minute of this.

You hate that as each day goes by you're dealing with the horrible aftermath that your ex created. It's in the news, and the newspapers, multiple streets are still closed off because of all the debris that still litters the roads. It's devastating how dreadful the city of Nueva York has become although not many people voice their opinions you can see it all around you. While you go to the grocery store and go to and from the hospital then the Spider Society. You can tell that people are visibly shaken up by the attack and each time you do you feel yourself slowly being ripped apart.

Pausing in your tracks you stop staring down at your stomach as you feel her moving around. She's been moving around way more than usual, it feels like but your doctor said that it's normal around this time.

You've been trying to keep yourself busy by helping out at Spider Society in any way that you can but they don't really allow you to do anything. You can tell that everyone feels sorry for you as you walked along the halls, saw their small smiles and felt the reassuring touches on your arm. Deep down inside you know that they know who Spinebreaker was to you. Maybe they are just too scared to say anything.

You are pulled out of your thoughts when you feel a breeze as a doctor passes by. Holding your stomach you gently begin to walk towards Miguel's room. You're 37 weeks pregnant and honestly, you're just ready to meet your baby girl. On top of all of that the stress and your constant worrying about Miguel, Peter and the rest of the Spiders, and just everything else. It's not making things any easier.

•°~°•

You sit in Miguel's room across from him crocheting socks for your baby. Is it selfish for you to hope that he wakes up before she gets here so you won't be alone? You're scared....really scared that you'll have to do this all on your own. Although it's still early your stomach has dropped. It's not completely low but it's lower than it was this morning. Since Jess just had her baby you've been asking her any questions that you could think of so you could be ready.

You let out a deep sigh as you stretch your neck. Deciding it's time to take a break you put the yarn down on your lap and sink further into the chair as you begin to rub your stomach. You're hungry again but the last thing you want to do is get up. Your stomach is grumbling or at least you think it is. You decide to hum a song that your mom used to sing to you when you were younger before closing your eyes.

You don't know how long your eyes were closed but when you open them you watch Miguel's fingers twitching. You think nothing of it because his fingers have been twitching before over the past 3 weeks. But the longer you stare you realize that it's tapping to the beat of the song. Beginning to sit up straight you quickly begin to hum the song a little louder. You gently sit on the bed, careful not to sit on him. You begin to stare at him before placing a gentle hand on his face as the other one rests on your stomach. The minute his eyes flicker open you can already feel your tears fighting to break through. Too scared to speak and too scared that you'll end up scaring him in the process you sit there quietly stroking his face as he begins to rapidly look around the room.