Americ anThanksgiving

Start bij het begin

             "Nope. Never have." Blaze says.

             "Me neither" Marine says

             "Huh"

             "We can say Grace if you want to." Vanilla Offers.

             "No, it's fine. Actually, it's refreshing." Amy says and smiles to herself. Everyone continues eating with a lot less talking. Amy looks happier now at least.

             Obviously Thanksgiving meals take a bit longer than a normal meal. But this time it doesn't take too much. Except for Amy and Marine who eat a bit slower than the others. But everyone eventually gets it done. Then they all go and clean up. Washing the dishes and other clean up. Surprisingly there are a decent amount of leftovers. Vanilla must've over prepared.

             Nobody minds though. She gives some leftovers to Amy with some disposable boxes. She does this after she's done with everything else, and it's only her and Amy.

            "Thank you Ms. Rabbit, You didn't have to do this" Amy thanks Vanilla

            "You probably need it. So your parents know you're here?"

            "They left before I could tell them, sorry"

            "It's fine, where did they go?"

           "To a party I assume"

           "They didn't take you?"

           "No, They never do"

           "They do this often?"

           "Yeah, a lot, they're almost never home!" Amy laughs at that last part. While Vanilla clutches her fist.

           "So they leave you home a lot?"

           "Yup"

           "Do they contact you or anything?"

           "Nope unless they need me to do something"

           "Huh well, I think you'll need this then." Vanilla says looking at the boxes.

           "Well okay if you're sure..."

           "Don't worry I'm sure, thank you for the help."

           "You're Welcome!" Amy says going out of the room presumably to Blaze and the others.

            Amy talks to Blaze and the others for a while until late in the afternoon, then goes back to her house.

           "Thank you for everything!" Amy says to all of them.

           "Don't forget your leftovers!" Vanilla says grabbing the boxes and giving them to Amy.

           "Have a good rest of vacation." Blaze says to her. While Cream, Marine and Vanilla wave to her.

           "Thank you." Amy waves goodbye then leaves. Blaze closes the door behind her. Everyone starts to go to the other room. Except for Vanilla who stays at the door.

           "Blaze." Vanilla calls to her.

           "Yeah Mom?" Blaze says turning back to her Mom and looking at her.

           "Amy is being neglected."

           "...I was wondering how long it would take you to figure it out."

           "Why didn't you tell me?"

           "It's not like we can do anything."

           "Fair enough, I assume Amy doesn't want you to tell anyone?"

           "I don't think she knows that she's being neglected. So constantly defends her parents, giving them excuses."

          "Well, that's bad."

          "Yeah."

          "Thank you for being honest with me."

          "Can't do much else."

          Vanilla opens her arms and Blaze immediately closes the gap. Blaze would cry if she wanted to. She hates how Amy's parents treat her. Sure it's not as bad as Marine. But Marine's parents are gone at least. They can't harm her anymore. Amy's parents don't harm her, but they don't give her any supervision or help.

          Every Child deserves Parents but not every Parent deserves a Child. Neglecting while not one of the worst actions a parent can do is still awful. Blaze goes to bed. Tired of all of this. She wants Amy to be happy. At this point she'll do anything to help her.

          Amy is happy today went well. She goes to sleep happy. Not even thinking about her parents and if they would abandon her. She still doesn't think they're bad. She goes to bed extremely happy and thankful.