Quitter

Another day, another bunch of classes, another lunch, and another Art class. Amy hates that last part the most. It's really the only part she hates. But today it's over with and all that leaves two periods. One which she already got though with Blaze, now another and this day will be completely over and done with. No more Art to worry about.

           "I can't do Art class anymore."

           "Tails, what?" Amy asks

           "It takes too much time and I have too many obligations. Engineering class and a bunch of school clubs and other classes on top of that. Too many things, I just can't do it anymore. Plus, we don't even know if there is an end to this! At all! Look, all I'm saying is they can't teach this class if nobody is in it."

           "...Are you saying we should quit too?" Amy asks

           "That seems to be the only logical conclusion."

            "Tails! We cannot give up!" Knuckles says and shakes the fox a bit

           "Look if you guys want to keep doing it, that's fine. All I'm saying is it makes absolutely no sense, I'm finished with it."

           "Well it's not like we can stop you." Amy says

           "We can still hang out right?" Tails asks

           "Of course!"

            Amy and Knuckles work on the project with the help of Blaze. Determined more than ever to finish it. Not to undermine Tails but to avenge her. So they work at it. Not getting anything done, at all. Nothing, at all. Working and working. Maybe Tails is right, this is for nothing.

            Amy just wanted an Art Credit.

            Amy goes home, upset and feeling more caught in the monotony more than ever. The feeling not only hits her, it consumes her. This Stupid Art project isn't helping either. Amy tries to push it back in. She already has too many things pushed back and also that she's thinking about. She tries to quiet her brain, it won't be quiet. It's loud and open and out and annoying her to no end. Amy screams into her pillow for some release. But that only helps so much. Amy sighs and does a cool coping mechanism called, texting Blaze.

             Amy: Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

             Blaze: Hi, what's up?

             Amy: Should I quit Art?

             Blaze: What? No. Absolutely not.

             Amy: If you're sure

             Blaze: I'm absolutely sure. You have the skill and talent to do it. You are great at art, I've seen your work. It's going to be fine. The worst you could do is fail.

             Amy: I can't fail that's the problem

             Blaze: Why can't you fail?

             Amy: To prove to myself that I can do it

             That's a lie

             Blaze: Alright, do your best!

             Amy: Thank you!

             Amy thinks as to why she can't fail. She knows why, her parents. If she fails, all they will say is that Art classes are a waste of time and she should do what they want her to do and nothing else. She doesn't want that. Having Art as her only failing class will mark her for death, she thinks. Her parents probably won't let her take another one and her GPA will drop causing more concern from her parents. One thing she can like about her parents is that they don't interfere in her life. If she fails they might start demanding she do specific things or join special clubs or go to meetings or whatever else they can do to punish her. Drilling into her head to do what they want her to do.

             She doesn't hate her parents. She doesn't want to. So she can't fail. That's on her if she fails. She's ruining her career if she fails. Everything is on her. It always is. That's how it's always been. Doesn't matter. She can't fail. If she drops this class she can't fail, right? She should ask someone about it. She should ask about this class and how it works. If the school even knows she's doing this. If they know what she's doing. How she's operating. If this teacher is doing it right under the administration's nose or using her position to justify this or something close to this. She needs to get to the bottom of this, or at least ask around. She will find out what's happening.

              The next day as soon as she gets to school she quickly goes to the office. Amy goes up to the secretary.

              "Hello?" Amy asks the secretary.

              "Yes? What can I help with, sweetie?" the Secretary asks

              "It's about Art 202"

              "What about it?"

              "Is it supposed to be one big project and nothing else?"

              "Oh, this again. Yes, it is. Yes we know it's very confusing. It's not a joke. You are not being pranked. You are not confused. You did not accidentally take another class. This is an actual class. Yes, this teacher works with us. We are very sorry for anything that happened."

              "...Do you have to say that every time?"

              "Yes."

              "Oh, well thank you."

              "You're welcome, have a nice day!"

              Amy leaves the office with more questions and less answers. At least it's not a prank show..... as far as they say.

              Amy arrives later than usual to her and Blaze's first period class, confusing Blaze a bit.

              "Where were you?"

              "Just the Office"

              "Why? ...Nobody's bullying you or anything, right?"

              "What? No. I was asking about Art class."

              "You're still on that?"

              "Yes"

              "Did you figure out anything?"

              "I'm not being pranked"

              "I thought that was a requirement for every class."

              "This feels like a prank though, right?"

              "Honestly? Yeah, kinda. I wouldn't worry about it though."

              "It's literally one of the main things I'm worried about"

              "What else are you worried about?"

              "You don't want to know" Amy says, giving the hand motion of waving off the question

              "That makes me want to know even more."

              "I don't want to burden you with it"

              "Oh, okay, sorry."

              "It's fine, you didn't know, thank you for caring"

              "Well everyone is supposed to care."

              "Yeah I guess that's true."

              That's true. Amy knows some people who don't care though. The two finish their conversation when class starts. All Amy can think about is if her parents actually care for her. Her brain tries to push it away. But too many things are in her subconscious. She looks at Blaze and her brain pushes out her crush on Blaze to relieve her of this current stress. Making her blush like crazy as suddenly she's aware of how pretty Blaze is again. Crap.