common room.

"why do you look sad," minho, who's sitting beside you, questions, "do you not like slytherin?"

"why do you assume? i'm a happy and proud slytherin," you retort, trying to conceal any trace of emotion.

"your expressions say differently," minho persists.

"no, they don't," you deny, but before minho could complete his sentence, you shove a piece of bread into his mouth, silencing him momentarily.

after the meal, the students are told to sort themselves.

"i'm min yoongi, and i happen to be your slytherin prefect," yoongi announces, displaying his badge. "slytherins, follow me."

yoongi leads the slytherins through the winding corridors of hogwarts, guiding them towards the dungeons where their common room awaits.

finally, they reach the entrance to the slytherin common room, a grand door adorned with serpentine motifs. yoongi turns to face the students, his expression serious yet welcoming.

"the password for the common room is 'pureblood'," yoongi announces, his voice carrying a hint of authority. "but be warned, it changes from time to time. so always stay alert."

with that, he says the password, unlocking the entrance to the common room. the slytherins file inside, eager to make themselves at home in their new surroundings, but mindful of yoongi's warning about the ever-changing password.

"it's so...green," you murmur, looking around.

"yeah, no wonder," minho teases, putting an arm around your shoulders which you shove off.

"girls' dormitory is on the left, and the boys' dormitory is on the right," yoongi instructs, nonchalantly, "four students each dorm. all the supplies for tomorrow are kept beside your beds. and call me if anyone needs any help."

later that night, unable to sleep, you wander towards the middle of the common room and settle by the crackling fire.

"what are you doing here,"

you gasp at the sudden voice, then sighing in relief as you see it's just minho.

"can't sleep?" minho questions.

you hum as a yes as you keep looking at the fire. minho walks over to you and sits besides you, as silence engulfs the room.

"i wanted to be a ravenclaw," you say suddenly, breaking the silence.

"i knew it," minho says, snapping his fingers.

"you knew it?"

"well, not exactly. i just read your face, it didn't look that happy when you got sorted into slytherin,"

"hmn..."

"hey," he begins, "I'm not much into philosophical talks but, the sorting hat made you a slytherin for a reason,"

"hm?" you look at him, "yeah..."

"well then. ready to get more house points? what say...friends?"

you say accepting his handshake, "friends."