Chapter 14

So this would be the last chapter that I'll post till further notice. Exams start on Monday and I have to read. I'm dedicating this chapter to Jot_10 thank you for being my number one supporter. If not for you, I believe I would have quit writing this along time ago. So thank you and goodluck on your exams 😊

   Amaya's POV

    It was Monday today, I had a morning appointment with a client who was getting married. That was the best part of my job that I loved, watching the brides gush over their wedding dress as they fantasized their dream marriages to me and how they met their future husbands.

    I was so grateful that mum and dad didn't ask me about my time at rias, I would have hated to have lied to them. I got to the office really early, setting up the showroom for my client. She arrived at around 7:00 sharp, I loved that she was early.

    "Good morning, I'm Amaya. Welcome to Maria's designs", I greeted her with my most sincere smile extending my hand for a handshake.

    "Good morning, I'm Lily", She replied back trying to be as enthusiastic as me but you could see she failed to. It was almost as if she wasn't happy to be here. I brushed the thought off guiding her to my office where we discussed the designs she wanted for her dress.

    "So do you have any design inspo in mind?", We sat down on the couch as I brought out my design book.

    "Not really, do you mind showing me what you have?"

    "Sure", I smiled at her as we moved to the showroom. I showed her some designs both on paper and on display but her face just didn't light up at anyone.

    "I'm sorry that I'm bothering you like this, I'll just take this one", she said after a while. Something wasn't right.

    "Do you like it?", I asked her.

    "To be honest I dunno", She sighed.

    "Want to talk about it", I smiled at her hoping she says yes.

    "I guess so. You seem like a nice person, considering the time you've wasted on me"

    "It's nothing, really. Why don't we have some coffee while chatting. I know just the place", She nodded her head and smiled at that.

    I packed up my bags texting ria that i'lld be out for a while and appointing one of my employees to be in charge.

    We both entered my car as we drove to Scotts. Pulling up in the driveway, we both stepped out of the car and walked into the cafe.

    "Good morning Scott", I cheerfully greeted the middle age barista.

    "Twice in two days. This must be our lucky season", Scott smiled back at me. "And who's your friend?"

    "This is Lily. She's my client who's getting married soon"

    "Hello", lily meekly greeted. You could barely hear her voice.

    "Well hello there Lily. Welcome, make yourself comfortable", Scott smiled at her. "What can I get you ladies?"

    "Just two cups of coffee and cookies please", I looked towards lily who shook her head at that. "I'll take tea please, no coffee"

    "Coming right up", was his reply before we left to take a table. Our orders were brought few minutes later as we thanked Scott.

    "So...", I urged Lily. "...you don't seem so happy to get married"