Trouvaille - Chapter Seven

Pairing(s); BTS OT7 x Reader

Genre/Themes; Hybrid!AU, themes of the supernatural and the occult, religious themes, violence, hurt/comfort, horror, romance

Rated; 18+ for swearing, violence/gore, future sexual themes. Reader discretion is advised.

Word Count; 22.3k

This fic was originally posted on Tumblr! If you'd like to visit my blog, spookyserenades.tumblr.com, you'll find a lot more content there :) I've included my original note from my blog when this was posted:
Hello darlings, it's Dana! Welcome to Chapter Seven; a pretty jam-packed update. As a warning, this chapter features a lot of angst, some violence, fighting, swearing, and some heated, sensual scenes (more scenting!) I hope you enjoy this emotionally charged update, there is a lot to unpack and process, and it was a chapter that I've spent a lot of time on (both writing AND editing!) I'd love to hear thoughts, feedback, theories and comments from readers as always! Thank you for reading and supporting Trouvaille, and enjoy Chapter Seven!

Warning: the scenting scenes are steamy!

Ears ringing, Y/N stared at her mother with astonishment, her brain scrambling to come up with a semblance of a response to what her mother had just seen

Ears ringing, Y/N stared at her mother with astonishment, her brain scrambling to come up with a semblance of a response to what her mother had just seen. I wasn't like Y/N could deny that the vision happened– her mother had part of it right before her eyes. Still, mortification washed over her, unable to process what she had just been told.

"Stop, that can't be true!" Y/N whisper-shouted at her mother as soon as the glaze over her eyes evaporated, whatever images she saw clearing from her sight. Booze rose up in the back of Y/N's throat, horrified by the possibility of Taehyung hearing the nonsense coming out of her mother's mouth. "Tae is sweet, gentle, he's not how you described him at all! I mean, come on, you've met him, he wouldn't hurt a fly. There's no way he could ever kill somebody!"

Her mother took a shuddering breath, gliding her hands up Y/N's arms to hold onto her biceps with concern. Y/N refused to believe what her mother had seen was based in reality; the image of Taehyung's innocent smile imprinted in her mind's eye, the way he clung to her side, and his quiet voice in her ear. As the seconds ticked by and the shock wore off, she grew incredulous and impatient with the predicament her mother had put her in– how was she supposed to shrug that off, and pretend everything was perfectly normal when they returned to the backyard?

"Honey, you know that these particular visions of mine nearly always ring true. I need you to be careful around him, be watchful. I agree with you, he's seemingly lovely, but there's a darkness that clings to him," her mother's features morphed into sympathy, likely reading the worry that was pinching between Y/N's brows. "A couple of the others have interesting energies, too. The elk hybrid, even dear Seokjin..."

"Mom, please! I can't do this, not again. I won't have visions and cards get between myself and the ones I love. This is the exact reason why I stopped reading cards in the first place, it nearly drove all of my friends away growing up!" Y/N snapped, unwilling to hear anything else about her hybrids. If she wanted information about them, she'd wait for them to come forward rather than snooping around with oracle cards.