Trouvaille - Chapter Four

Pairing(s); BTS OT7 x Reader

Genre/Themes; Hybrid!AU, themes of the supernatural and the occult, religious themes, violence, hurt/comfort, horror, romance

Rated; 18+ for swearing, violence/gore, future sexual themes. Reader discretion is advised.

Word Count; 20.6k

This fic was originally posted on Tumblr! If you'd like to visit my blog, spookyserenades.tumblr.com, you'll find a lot more content there :) I've included my original note from my blog when this was posted:

Hello darling readers, it's Dana! Happy April, I am so excited to bring you this month's update; Chapter Four! We're picking up exactly where we left off, and there's lots going on in this chapter. Expect a bit more paranormal happenings in this chapter, particularly towards the end (nothing TOO frightening, but I figured I'd warn in advance) Of course, we have a few moments of angst, a handful of flirtatious banter, and a lot more information revealed about the hybrids themselves. As always, I love to hear from readers; comments or questions! Please know that I will answer each response in time, I am currently going through an emotional time with my family 💜 Without further ado, please enjoy this update, and thank you so much for reading and supporting my work!

 As always, I love to hear from readers; comments or questions! Please know that I will answer each response in time, I am currently going through an emotional time with my family 💜 Without further ado, please enjoy this update, and thank you so ...

Immediately, Y/N could see Namjoon recognized the relation between her and her mother– if he was taken aback, it didn't show. However, his face completely changed like night and day as he broke out into a fond grin at her mother after a beat.

After a split second of deduction, Y/N figured that apparently, her mother was who Namjoon knew at the library. Feeling completely out of place as her mother hurried from out behind the desk and gave Namjoon a tearful hug, Y/N was positively flabbergasted. What were the chances of Y/N adopting a hybrid her mother knew? The book club, by law of the state, could only accept adopted hybrid members, and until a few nights ago, Namjoon was very much unadopted.

"You came by every day! I thought something bad may have happened to you," her mother broke free from the hug slightly, wiping a tear from her eye as she assessed Namjoon, like she was searching for injuries.

Namjoon tilted his head, her mother right about that– he had landed in Boston's "finest" shelter after being dragged off the street in his wolf form. Unadopted, it was likely that Namjoon had found a way to put up a front about his situation and was somehow found out later on. Her mother couldn't have been the one to report Namjoon judging by her genuine relief upon seeing him, Y/N thought, but the missing explanation on how he had gotten into the book club in the first place was piquing Y/N's curiosity the most.

"I'm alright," Namjoon replied, rich voice muffled by the velvet shawl covering her mother's shoulder. "Something... came up," he added as he pulled away, eyes darting from Y/N to her mother, seemingly examining similarities and differences in their features. Her mother frowned sympathetically but did not pry, seemingly knowing better than to do so with Namjoon. As if just remembering Y/N was standing there gawking at the pair of them, her mother pressed a hand to her chest.