Ch. 26: R̶͕̦̚e̴͙̔͐s̸͉̓͠u̶̪͗͒r̷̡̯̂ř̵̙̕é̸̡͖c̴̜̓t̶̝͗͊i̴̥̊̀ơ̴̢͍̋n̷̺̍ ̵̖̠̊͝

TW: "The following chapter contains topics that might not be suitable for all audiences such as gore like depictions of children as well as murder, and discussions of death with children"

"There's been something off about you."

Wally spoke to (Y/n) as she came back into the room. She had just taken a shower, her hair damp, being dried as she squeezed it with a towel.

"In what way has it been off?"

"Your emotional state seems — off."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, "There's you go, over thinking again."

"I do not over think," He sat down on the bed watching as she continued her night time routine. "I look, analyze, and come to conclusions."

"Well," They began to brush their hair in the mirror near the door of her bedroom, "What can I do to reassure you?"

"I'll be honest with you, I am not too sure."

"Is my work lacking anywhere?"

"No, it's at its normal frequency, if not above expectations," He sighed. "It could possibly be my own mind."

"Wow, the great Wally Darling admitting he's wrong." She teased him then put her brush away, "That doesn't happen often — are you sure YOU'RE okay?"

"Don't push it."

She ruffled his dry curly hair moving it over his face to further press his buttons, "I'm just joking with you, I'm allowed to do that."

(Y/n) turned off the light and took off their robe. She was wearing one of his shirts which was much larger than herself, looking like a dress despite the fact she wore shorts under it.

He sat down on the edge of the bed as she took her medication, grabbing the bottles off the night stand and taking each one. Before she could finish he wrapped his arms around them, leaning his head onto their abdomen. A small purr began to rise from him.

"I've been thinking about the trajectory of the factory and this business."

"Yes?" (Y/n) placed her hands in his hair, running her finger through the curls, "What about it?"

"A second location." He looked up at her. "I am outgrowing this place, and expansion will only be tedious work. It will also risk out discovery if we mover out any further. A second location is the only viable option that will offer up better opportunities."

"And what does that mean? Have you already bought land and began working on it?"

"No," Wally let go of them, allowing her to crawl into bed, followed by himself. "It's been a thought in my mind for the last year or so. You are a large part of this process though."

"Well, I am your assistant."

"I would like you to become the lead scientist here at this factory. I would like you to take my position once the second location opens."

(Y/n) sat up, "I'm sorry? Wait hold on —"

"You may not have the knowledge that I process, but you are able to run things smoothly in my absence. I trust no other person with this than you."

"Wally that's — that's a lot..."

"I know," He sighed, pulling the covers up over himself. "It's a lot to ask for, and I've asked a lot from you in the last 10 years you have worked here."

She turned onto her side, laying back down and looking at him as he looked up at the ceiling. Her appeared to be in deep thought over all of this.

"Do you ever think you'll stop one day?"