Ch. 21: And Certain Hope

(Y/n) couldn't shake the voice in her ear. As if she could feel the hot breath itself from a non living person. At this point it was a good thing Wally forced her to take the evening off. That eerie feeling hung on her the entire time.

It took a while but she was able to relax late into the evening, still awake, but comfortable in her robe.

It was late at night when a knock came over her door, taking her away from her thoughts. She read the time on her phone, 1:38 AM.

There were only two things that it would be, something was wrong in the factory, or, Wally was coming to bother her.

Either way she was tired and didn't feel like dealing with new nonsense, not until tomorrow at least.

Upon opening the door Wally stood in his coat, as it had seemed he just got back.

"It's nearly 2 AM and you're just getting back to the factory?"

He smirked, "I took the long way, I needed some time to think. Thank you for the flowers on Ophe's grave. I saw them."

"It's the least I can do." (Y/n) sighed.

"Can I come in?"

"Uh, yeah, why?" She backed away from the door and allowed him inside her quarters.

He held up a folder to her view and handed it to her before taking his coat off.

She took it and observed the outside, "What is this?"

"Just skim through it, it's important."

(Y/n) took it as something serious and wrinkled her brow. She opened the folder and began reading down the paperwork. Wally stood off to the side while she sat down on the edge of the bed to read it over.

There were multiple pages with legal terms going over specific parts of his divorce to Julie. Page after page was her signature followed by his and the date from today. Each page had the same nonsense, a formal, lawful, agreement on separation.

"Are you reading it?" Wally asked.

Her eyes didn't leave the papers, "Yes, I am."

"Do you know what they are?"

"Yes, they're your divorce papers."

"Good."

Before (Y/n) could read the next word Wally grabbed the folder from (Y/n) and threw it over his shoulder without breaking eye contact with her. Within an instant he moved in and began kissing her passionately, holding her entire head in his hand, pushing her close to him with the other.

That was the agreement after all.

Once they were officially divorced, she would be his.

"Wait—" She pulled away, just barely, breathless.

"No, no." He practically begged, holding the sides of her face. "No more waiting, no more exceptions. Please, (Y/n)."

The passion in his words only increased as he spoke them. He looked directly into her eyes, pleading.

"I love you, (Y/n). I want you, (Y/n). You are the only one who gets me, who understands me, who hasn't left my side. Why can't you see that? What is stopping you from seeing that?"

She could only stare at him with wide eyes.

"What do I need to do? I'll do it. I'll do anything just —" He paused. "I want you to love me too."

Wally sounded extremely desperate at this point. That's when (Y/n) realized he didn't have to prove himself, not anymore.

"Nothing," She spoke softly. "I do love you. I love you, Wally."