Ch. 16: To The Ground

(TW: Mild Gore)

Wally looked at (Y/n) for a long time as she calculated her words very carefully. Her eyes looked at his as the hope drained from them.

"I — believe so." She stated. "But does it really matter?"

He became silent his eyes looking back over at the man he wished was dead.

"Wally, we're having a good time, right?"

He looked back at her, not moving his body, only his crimson eyes, "...Yes."

"Then it shouldn't matter if he's here."

"I'm wondering why he's here."

"I'm sure it's nonsense, business or something. You know he's been in these parts before." (Y/n) tried to answer quickly to calm him down. "We can just get the check and go, right?"

Wally looked down at his empty plate for a moment then at hers. His cold gaze was still present. The hell burning inside of him wasn't obvious at the moment, but (Y/n) knew what was going on in his mind.

"We could." His claws tapped on the table.

"Great! We'll get the check and head out then, it's perfect. No worries, right?"

Wally gave a slight nod.

"No worries! I'll grab the waitress, just — stay here okay?"

Her words went in one ear and out the other as his gaze remained fixated on Wallace and his laughter. The longer he stared the louder the laugh became, a repulsive sound.

As (Y/n) was talking to their waitress she saw him stand up from the corner of her eye, slowly walking towards Wallace and the table he was at until she rushed in front of him.

"No, no, not here." She began to stop Wally completely, standing toe to toe with him. "Don't do this here, please."

He continued to stare at his father and then looked at her, contemplating his next move. After a few moments, he reached into his back pocket pulled out his wallet, and handed her a card.

"Pay her, tip her, and meet me at the car."

(Y/n) looked up at him then down at the card in her hands, "Okay."

Without another word Wally turned and walked towards the exit, throwing his hands into his pockets.

She took a deep breath happy to avoid the confrontation. The altercation would have been catastrophic. After a few moments, she walked to the register and paid for their meals.

"Look at you stopping the time bomb. I'm surprised he didn't explode." Wallace placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You are playing an extremely dangerous game that I don't want to be a part of." (Y/n) shoved his hand off of her. "You need to go away. He will hurt you."

"I'm not scared of my son if that's what you're implying, Doll."

She began walking away from the register, "It doesn't matter if you're afraid of him or not, he will hurt you."

"If he can catch me," Wallace smirked following her.

"I'm serious, Wallace, stop. He's outside in his car waiting for me."

"Hey, what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't escort you outside, eh? If Wally was any kind of man he'd be doing it himself."

"For once in his life Wally had self-control and walked away. You should thank your lucky stars."