Ch.11: To Cherish

(Y/n) slowly went back to her position, doing very little at a time. She didn't leave her office much, almost ashamed in a sense. The entire factory secretly waited for her to leave due to Wally's behavior towards her, yet the days passed and she had yet to do so.

As she sat in her office she typed away on her computer and received a knock on her door.

"Come in," (Y/n) spoke aloud.

She sat back on her chair and picked up her coffee mug taking a drink from it. Dr. Joy then Entered with his clip board in hand.

"Good morning Miss (Y/n)."

She smiled at him, "What brings you to my neck of the woods?"

"Your latest reports." He tossed a folder onto her desk. "No tumors detected, no cancer. You're recovering well."

She flipped open the folder and gave the paperwork a quick glance, "Oh, good, I'm glad to see. I figured things were going well, I haven't been feeling off at all."

"Any symptoms still?"

"Bloody noses. I feel like that might be permanent." She sighed, "But if that's all I have to worry about I'll be fine."

Dr. Joy became quiet, "Have you made your decision yet?"

(Y/n) gripped the folder briefly before relaxing, "Regarding?"

"You know what."

"I can't leave this place, Joy, you know that."  She sighed sliding the folder back.

He looked around for a moment then leaned in her desk, "Is he threatening you?"

"What? No, Joy, he's not." She was annoyed at his comment though it was obvious it was coming. "Listen, Joy, I actually like what I do. I feel valued and—"

"You feel valued," He interrupted. "He has a funny way of showing it."

"He has no one, Joy."

"And since when is that your problem?"

(Y/n) was about to speak but she stopped.

"I knew it."

"Knew what?"

"You love him don't you?"

"No!" She answered quickly though her face became red. "I care about him, yes, but I don't love him."

"Yeah, okay. Would you like to test that out on our polygraph machine?"

"Since when do we— never mind, I'm not doing that."

"So then—"

"Dr. Joy, why are you so obsessed with my life decisions? I understand we're friends but this is going a little overboard. I want you to leave my office. I have work to do." Her words came out stern and cut like a knife.

(Y/n) was kind but making her upset was the wrong choice. Seeing how mad she was becoming Joy decided it was best to leave it be.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away. I'll see you later on, okay?"

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, "That's fine. Thank you for stopping by."

He smiled at her and picked up her folder then gave a small wave before walking out of the room. As he closed the door a hand immediately grabbed him by the collar lifting him up to the wall. As Joy was about to call out Wally covered his face with his other hand.

"Let me make myself very clear, Dr. Joy." His crimson eyes dug into Joy's. "(Y/n) will make their own choices and if it is their wish to stay, then that is to be respected."