Chapter 24: Reality

Ana appears in a different version of the town she knew. She runs up to where the hotel usually sits but it's not there. It's just an empty building. She sighs as she shuffled through it finding a suitable room she can fix up and use. This is going to be her forever. She looks at her phone, and much to her surprise that she still has service and can still access her phone services. She looks at her notifications bar. Her heart breaks seeing 12 missed calls from Angel and several texts from him. She didn't want to read them but she opens them.

Received from: ~Angelcakes 💗🤍
"Hey where the hell are u? We need to talk. I messed up... please don't do anything stupid Toots. I-I love you.. so much.. please come home"~

Received from: ~Angel Cakes 💗🤍:
"Ana...what did u do?? I'm free.. Val don't have my soul anymore..but..I've lost u...why?" ~

Received from: ~Angelcakes💗🤍
"Ur really gone aren't u?... I.. I can't do this without u Ana... please come back... I know u can't but please...I don't want to be alone again.." ~

Tears steam down Ana's face as a new text appears suddenly

Received from: ~Angel Cakes 💗🤍:
"Ur close enough to read my texts?? Baby.. ur not gone! Ur still here! Please respond to me BabyCakes... I need u.. I need too know ur ok.." ~

Ana turns her phone off. She can't deal with this right now. She wanted so badly to go back to him. To be in his arms. She looks at the bed in the corner and thinks about how hard it's going to be to sleep without him. For the last 3 years it's just been her and him every night together. This was new to her and she didn't like it. Ana pulls out her journal she grabbed when she dropped the letter off before she left. She begins to write as tears smudge her ink.

Angel wakes up to find himself in his room. Maybe everything was a dream and he'd turn around and she'd be right there. He takes a deep breathe and turns over to an empty pillow. A cold, empty spot that used to be warm every morning. He closed his eyes as tears threatened to spill again. He imagined her laying next to him in her short shorts and black crop top she always slept in. Her messy hair in his mouth as it usually ended up in the morning. He could almost use it as dental floss. He looked at the double vanity and pictured them both doing their hair and makeup in it after they shared a shower together. He smiled. But it was a sad smile. None of that would ever happen again. He would never be the same and it's his fault. It was all his fault. He gets up and sees she still had clothes in the drawers and closet. She didn't take much. He pulled out her crop top and shorts she wore to bed and laid them on her side of the bed. Going into the closet he pulled out the matching green and black body suit she wore the first time she performed for him at the bar. He pulls it to his chest, hugging it while crying. No one had ever messed him up this bad, not even Val. He would take all the abuse from Val if it meant he could have his Ana back. She was the only thing in this afterlife he scared about besides Fat Nuggets. Angel pulls out his phone to see if anything was replied too. His eyes widen as he sees she's read his texts. He quickly shoots her another one and it shows read immediately. His heat races as he waits to see if he gets a reply. After about 10 minutes he sighs. Ana didn't reply. He sends another text but she doesn't even open this one. She must really hate him. Angel tries to call her and the phone went straight to voicemail. She turned her phone off. Is she hurting too? Does she want him back? He has to find a way to get her back. But she's bound by a contract. She can't break it. A knock at his door pulls him from thoughts.

"Angel..? Are you okay?"

Charlie enters the room slowly.

"I'd ratha be alone right now."

"I know but being alone isn't good for anyone. We left you alone before because you had Ana here. She kept you from doing things you shouldn't. I'm just trying t-"

"Well if you would not that would be great alright?"

Angel sighs

"Look I'm sorry. I know ya wanna hell but there ain't no helpin me okay? She's the only one who can help me."

"I know that.. I just... I just don't want you to be alone. Like..like you were before. No one deserves that."

Angel smiles at her. He gets up and hugs her.

"I'm okay. I won't do anything stupid. I've been alone all my life, both living and dead. She was too good to be true.. I should have guess that this would happen."

Charlie puts a hand in his shoulder.

"What happened was a freak accident. She was trying to protect you. You saw what you saw when you woke up. That's what you thought and you were wrong. We all mess up. She doesn't hate you, Angel. She loves you and that's why she did what she did. So you would be okay. That's all that matters to her."

"I shoulda listened to her. I shoulda let her explain. I didn't let her... and I treated like shit. Dis is all my fault.."

"Angel mistakes happen."

"Yea, but dis one can't be taken back. I've lost her. And she ain't comin back this time."

Angel walks back into his room and curls back up in bed. Charlie sighs and closes the door. She turns to a Vaggie behind her.

"He's not okay.. and I don't know what to do to help him..."

Vaggie gives her a sad look.

"Sometimes you can't help people. Only time can. But I don't think time will heal this."

"She's my sister..I just got her and now she's gone.."

Vaggie wipes a tear from Charlie's eye and holds her.

"I'm so sorry babe. We will find a way to get her back."