Chapter 23: Contract

Angel and Ana are sitting in their room as Angel is pacing. He looks at Ana. He's fuming with rage, his mind goes blank and he loses it.

"Ya know... yer just like everyone else... I thought you were different.. I thought ya loved me Ana..."

Angel said coldly.

"Angel I-I do love you..I was..I-I just.."

Ana stumbled over her words.

"Really? Then what tha fuck was that?"

"I was trying to help you!"

"Ya tried to help me? Ya almost got me killed!"

"I didn't mean too!"

"Then why the fuck did you run? You never run. Yer always near me when somethin goes wrong. Ya heal me. But this time ya ran. Did you even see if I was okay? No. Ya Fuckin ran!"

Angel screamed, Ana grew silent. She wanted to help with Val.. she just wanted to give him a piece of her mind after he hurt Angel again. She didn't mean to hurt him, but he wasn't listening. He was livid, and understandably so. He was right. She should have helped him, but instead all she did was run.

"What do ya gotta say fa yerself?"

Angels voice was stern. Ana could tell from the smell of his breath he was drunk, there was a white powdery substance on the table. He was fucked up.

"I-I'm sorry..."

Tears formed in Ana's eyes. He's never never talked to her like this before, she had no idea how to even react to it. Angel sighs as she goes to lay on his side of the bed. He was hurting. Not just from Val, but Ana's too. He was hiring physically and mentally.

"Yea, yer sorry. That's what everyone else has ever fuckin said to me. You're jus like everyone else."

He flips over as he winces in pain. Ana goes to help him.

"Don't touch me..."

Angel growled. Ana stopped dead in her tracks, her voice lowered and her eyes shifted.

"Fine.. i won't touch you.. but I'm done with this."

Angel froze and turned back over to look at her.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm done with this ,Angel. I'm going to free you, and you won't like how."

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"You'll see. You know I would never, ever purposely hurt you, so why the hell you would think I would purposely attack you in beyond me. I got tired of Val hurting you. He breaks you every time and I have to build you back up. I couldn't stand seeing you broken."

Ana paused as tears started to form, she viciously wipes them away as Angel stares at her.

"I love you so much, more than life itself. I hope you remember that."

Ana turns, dashing out the door leaving Angel in a stunned silence for a few minutes. He quickly grabs his phone and calls her. It rings twice before she declines it.

"Fuck!"

Angel throws the empty wine bottle at the wall of their room. He's shaking and trembling. He tries calling her again but this time it goes straight to voicemail. She turned her phone off. He quickly realizes he fucked up badly.

Ana walks quickly to Vee Tower with her arms crossed. Her heart is racing with what she's about to do. But she knows it needs to be done for his sake. She knocks on the door, after a minute it opens as Vox looks at her. He glared at her realizing who it is.