37|Look At Me When I'm Talking To You

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 37

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 37

"What are you doing here?" A smile pulls onto my face when he steps into my office

"What are you doing here?" A smile pulls onto my face when he steps into my office. I quickly get up, walking into his embrace. "Am I not allowed to visit you?" I look away from him, smiling.

"Samkelo... You do realise that you have your own life to live right? Who's running your company while you're here?" I pull away from him. "Don't worry about that, all you should focus on is me being here... With you" He pecks my cheek. "But I have an appointment"

"I booked out the rest of your day" He shrugs. "Ha-eh, what will people think of me? I'm supposed to be working but you always find a chance to get me out of the office before I can actually get any work done" I frown. "You're practically working, I booked the appointment didn't I?"

"You've been overworking yourself for the past few weeks" He adds. "I wonder why" I sarcastically exclaim as he drags me down on the couch with him. My phone rings before he can respond. "Hello?" I sit up straighter.

"Minentle... What did I say about you getting involved with your sister?" I internally click my tongue. "Why are you blaming me for your problems? Andiswa is not my sister, I did you a favour anyway, she deserves to be wherever she is" I readjust myself on Samkelo's lap.

"She was my daughter, you could've let me meet her first" Is he bluffing? "Daughter or not, I don not care. She stuck her claws into my life and I dealt with her accordingly. Don't you ever call me regarding her, you selfish bastard" I spit out. "I am your father, you will not talk to me like that!"

"Oh please, when have you ever been my father except for the times when you tried to manipulate me for your own benefit?! Know your place" I roll my eyes in annoyance. "I understand that you're angry but you will not talk to me like that" Who does he think he is? "And you still wonder why Mama left you, you're controlling and difficult to deal with" I scoff.

"Minentle" He warns. "Please don't ruin my afternoon, you and your crazy daughter have already ruined my life." I immediately hang up, not waiting for his response. "You should've let me kill him a long time ago" Samkelo whispers into my ear. "He's still my father, I don't want him dead, I want him to understand where I'm coming from"

As much as my father and I argue, I can never find it in my heart to hurt him because I care about him. "And yet he's choosing to side with your dead sister" He scowls. "That's because he doesn't know about what she's done to me. And I'd like to keep it that way" I add.

"I'm meeting up with my lawyer today" He changes the topic. "Why?" I get off his lap, sitting besides him. "You'll find out soon" He caresses my hand. "Well... I met up with the doctor yesterday and scheduled an appointment for next week Saturday... I was wondering if you could take the kids for the rest of the weekend" I anxiously bite the inside of my cheek.

"Appointment for?...." He waits for me to continue. "I'm getting my tubes tied" I clear my throat. "I thought we talked about that" His jaw clenches. "Samkelo please, not now. I don't want to argue with you, Will you take them or not?" I urge him and he swiftly nods. "Thank you" I mutter and he scoff in response.

"Samkelo" I call out and he full on ignores me. "So you're going to ignore me because I want to make a choice regarding my own body?" He remains silent. The nerve of this man. "Let the door hit you on your way out then" I get up, only to be pulled back down on his lap. "Naledi" He calls out.

I also choose to be petty and look away from him, ignoring him. "Ngikhuluma nawe" He turns me to face him. "But I don't want to talk to you "But I don't want to talk to you" I sass back. "Ngiyaxolisa, Khuluma nami Themba lami" He repeatedly pecks my forehead.

"Can we not talk about it?" I sigh. "If we don't talk about it then you'll continue ignoring me for the rest of the week and that's the last thing I want.... Ngiyakuthanda Naledi futhi ngiyaxolisa, yezwa?" I nod in response. "Look at me when I'm talking to you"

"Okay, I heard you" I get off his lap. "Where are you going?" He follows shortly. "I'm ordering lunch, do you want me to get you anything?" I grab my phone, opening my Mr D app. He only stares at me. "Ke eng?" I shrug and he raises an eyebrow at me. "Mhm?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I frown, placing my hand on my hip, waiting for him to answer me. "Come here" He orders and I dryly swallow, stepping closer to him. He pulls me closer, grabbing onto both of my hand. I look up at him, clearly confused.

"Umuhle uyakwazi lokho?" How can I not when he tells me this every single second. "Yes.... Thank you" I breathlessly whisper, biting my lower lip. "You don't need to thank me for telling you the truth, you're breathtakingly beautiful"

I look down, feeling my face start to heat up as my lips uncontrollably pull up into a wide grin. "Ngibheke phela" He seductively orders whilst rubbing imaginary circles onto my palms" I slowly look up at him, biting my lower lip to restrain myself from smiling even wider.

His hands wrap around my waist, pulling me into his chest. I look up at him as I wrap my hands around his neck. His lips pull into a little smile and he looks down at me, grinning. "Ke eng?" I ask once again when he gently squeezes my sides.

"Marry me"