27|What's Wrong With Him?

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 27

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 27

"Mama" A small smile pulls onto my face

"Mama" A small smile pulls onto my face. "Who brought you here?" I pick him up, placing him on my lap. "I'm not a baby anymore, you can't keep on picking me up" He squirms. "But you're my baby" I peck his cheeks. "Mamaaa" He whined. "Where are your siblings?"

"Uhm... I don't know, I came to find you" He pouts and I smile, shaking my head at him. "Luzuko, where are my other children?" I rephrase. "You have me, you don't need the other children" He frowns, wrapping his arms around me. "Mama!" My head snaps up.

I feel more weight being added onto my lap before I can reply. "Liyakhanya, you're hurting me" I wince. "Sorry" She grins. "I missed you" I peck her cheeks. "I know" She nods to herself making me roll my eyes at her. "Get off" Luzuko tries to push her off. "No!" She retaliates, pushing him back.

I hiss, balancing both of them on my lap. "You're hurting her!" All of their attention snaps to Liyema who's standing by the door. They scoff and continue fighting. "Baba!" He shouts and they scramble off my lap and onto the bed. "Yini?" Samkelo walks into the room qith his hand reaching for his gun.

"They're hurting her" Liyema scowls. Samkelo glances at the now quiet bunch on the bed. "I thought we agreed to let her wake up first" He sighs. "It's okay" I get up, walking into the bathroom. I take a quick shower and get dressed. "Themba lami" I flinch.

"Don't creep up on me like that" I mutter. "Ngiyaxolisa..." He hugs my waist from behind. I slowly remove his arms from around me and turn around. "W-Where is he?" I find myself asking. "You know I can't tell you"

"Why not?" I scowl. "I don't want you thinking about it every single time, him and Andiswa will be dealt with. I don't want you to worry about them, siyezwana?" He pecks my forehead. "I deserve to know" I voice out. "Don't turn this into an argument"

"I've already packed my things, please take me home" I move away from him and walk back into the room. "We talked about this" He sighs. "I've been here for two weeks, I've had enough time to myself... I just want to forget about this and get my life together"

"Naledi" He warns as I grab the duffle bag containing my clothes. "I'm not negotiating with you Samkelo. Take me home, now" I emphasise the last part. He grabs the bag from me and we make our way down the hallway. "Mama" Liyema pops out of nowhere.

I pick him up, placing my lips all over his face. "Ha-eh" He pushes my face away. "Where were you?" I dryly swallow. "I had to go away on a business trip, but I'm back now. That's what matters" I change the topic. "I missed you" He grins.

"I missed you too" Khanya and Zuko are already in the car, I reach to place Liyema in but he clings onto me. "Liyema" I warn him. "No" He whines and I sigh. "Mara baby". He circles his arms around my neck.

I get in with him on my lap and Samkelo immediately frowns, I roll my eyes at him in response. He silently drives off. "This is not fair" Liyakhanya complains. "What's not fair?" I glance at her through the rearview mirror.

"Liyema gets to sit on your lap but when we do you threaten us" Luzuko adds. "That's because you were fighting and hurting her" He sticks his tongue out in a mocking manner. "I wasn't talking to you" They start bickering.

Have triplets, it will be fun they said. I rub my aching temple as the car comes to a stop. I open the door and place Liyema down. I make my way into the house, heading up to my room. I take off my shoes and get into bed.

I haven't been able to sleep a full hour because of these nightmares and it's driving me crazy. Just as my eyes about to close I feel a body slipping into the sheets. "Yoh modimo... Ke eng nou Liyema?" I open one eye. He pouts, snuggling into my arms.

I wrap my arms around him wih a sigh. "This is abuse" I complain. "I'm your child" He scoffs. "If it's not you it's your siblings.... I want to sleep and you're not going to disturb me" I confirm, closing my eyes once again.

Luckily, I end up falling asleep. Until I feel shuffling right besides me. My eyes snap open the second he starts shaking. "Liyema" I shake him whilst searching for his pills in my nightstand. I continue shaking him until he wakes up.

He's now sweating and shivering. "Askies" I hug him, rocking him back and forth. He clings onto me for dear life. The door opens and Samkelo walks in frowning when he sees Liyema crying. He sits on the edge of the bed, taking Liyema from my arms.

I continue searching for his medication. I hand him the lollipop and he wipes his tears. I heavily sigh, covering my eyes. Samkelo stands up with Liyema and they walk out of the room. I try getting back to sleep but fail when my nightmares try to resurface.

I quickly head into my bathroom, opening each drawer until I find them... I haven't taken these in three years, I can't go back now, I really can't. I contemplate with myself before popping the capsule open and putting two pills into my mouth, swallowing them. "Naledi"

I fumble with the bottle, putting it back in the cabinet. I make my way back into the room, sitting on the bed. He stands infront of me, with a concerned look on his face. "What's wrong with him?" He suddenly asks. "What are you talking about?" I act clueless.

"You know what I'm talking about, what's causing all these nightmares? It can't be nothing" His jaw clenches. "I don't want to talk about it" I shut it off. "Well he's my son and I want to know" He seriously says. "They started last year" I clear my throat.

"H-He was kidnapped by some woman named Leandra, she didn't hurt him... She just took him because she wanted to get Tata's attention, she was a druggie Samkelo" I look away from him. "What did she do to him?" His voice gets colder.

"Nothing much, he just saw horrible things. He was seven, seeing her pull out the insides of someone, I was helpless- I had no idea of where he was. I spent eleven days searching for him only for him to be brought back shaking and barley conscious"

"He said nothing. He was silent, he didn't want to leave his room. He only started speaking after six months" I wipe the lone tear that rolls down my cheek. "Where is she now?" He puts his hands in his pockets. "Tata killed her" I simply say. "He killed his own sister?"

"Don't call her that- that woman is not related to us! She is better off dead after what she put my son through, he can barley go a night without dreaming about that awful scene! You've seen him right?... He's eight Smakelo, he doesn't deserve this, It hurts to see him in pain and not be able to do anything about it" I sniffle.

"Ngiyaxolisa Themba lami"