11|You Are A Bad Mother.

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 11

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 11

"This baby daddy of yours is getting out of hand" Nobuhle laughs as she hands me yet another bouquet of flowers

"This baby daddy of yours is getting out of hand" Nobuhle laughs as she hands me yet another bouquet of flowers. "The next time flowers are delivered, please give them to someone else" She nods and I take the batch, placing it on the couch.

My office phone rings and I pick it up, placing it against my ear. "Minentle Mxenge speaking, how can I help you?" I sit on my chair, slightly leaning back. "Themba lami" He says from the other side. "Samkelo, what kind of 'stay away from me' don't you understand?"

"Luhamba kanjani usuku lwakho?" He ignores my previous. "Nxn" I hang up, getting back to my work. "Ma'am" Nobuhle steps in. "Ke eng?" I look up.
"Uhm, he sent a box this time" I direct her to the couch.

If Samkelo thinks that buying me flowers and gifts will make me forgive him then he has another thing coming his way. I attend two meetings before returning to my office and completing the rest of my work.

My personal phone starts ringing and I pick it up. "Hello?" I balance it on my shoulder. "Good morning, am I speaking to the parent of Lunathi Zungu?" I sit up straighter. "Yes?"

"This is Ms Xulu, his teacher" She adds. "Is he okay?" I panick. "Yes, your son got into a violent altercation with one of the boys in his class" She states. "I'm on my way" I sigh, hanging up. I grab my purse and walk down to my car, driving off to their school.

If it's not Samkelo bothering me, it's his children getting into trouble at school. I park outside the school and collect my phone and purse, heading into the building. I make my way past the reception and into the principles office.

"I'm sorry I'm late" I enter the office, finding the principal, Luzuko, his teacher, some kid, a couple and Samkelo? I take a seat beside him. "of course you are late, you're just like your sorry excuse of a son" The lady sneers.

"Excuse me?" I turn my attention to her. "Haibo, sisi, Ungizwile kahle" She rolls her eyes. "Mrs Dladla not now please, we have much more important matters at hand" The principal says and she huffs, settling back down on her seat. "My son is innocent, he would never start a fight-" The teacher cuts her off..

"Actually, Khaya started the fight" She states and the lady's face drops. "Well your hooligan must have done something to provoke my baby. Batshele Khaya. What did that boy do to you?!" She practically screams.

The man she came with, probably Khaya's father excuses himself and exits the room, the teacher follos right after. "I don't appreciate you calling my son a hooligan when clearly yours is the reason we're all here. Sit your ass down and stop acting like a teenager" I glare at her.

"Oh please your son is the unstable one here, he's being raised in an unsuitable household! How do you expect to raise a child whilst living in seperate homes? You're a bad mother... At least your father loves us, right baby?" She turns to her son.

I don't know when or how but my hand ends up on the side of her face. "How I raise my children is none of your business, I don't even know you for heaven's sake-" I'm cut off by Samkelo dragging me out of the room.

He pulls out his keys from his pocket, handing them to me. "Get into my car, I'll handle this okay?" He looks down at me. "Mara-" He cuts me off. "I promise" He pecks me forehead before heading back into the room. I walk out of the building, tightly clutching onto my purse.

I start searching for Samkelo's car. After what feels like forever I find it parked a few rows away from mine. Just as I'm about to enter it, I see the Khaya's father, shoving his tongue down their teacher's throat. 'Atleast your father loves us' I slightly chuckle, getting into his car.

I call Nobuhle, telling her to come and get my car before checking the time. "Mama?" I look up, seeing Liyema and Liyakhanya getting in. "You're out already?" I frown. "No but Baba signed us out early" Khanya says and I nod.

"Where is he?" I squint my eyes. "He's still signing Zuko out" Liyema answers this time. "Mama...." Liyakhanya lowly calls out. "Mhm?" I hum in response. "C-Can we stay over at Baba's tonight, pretty please?" She pouts. "I-It's a school night Liyakhanya, you'll go on Friday" I softly say and she immediately frowns.

The doors open and Luzuko and Samkelo get in. "You okay?" He turns to me and I nod. "Baba can you tell Mama that we want to go with you?" Liyakhanya says as if I'm not here.

"Why don't you ask her?" He places his hand on my thigh as he drives off. "She said no" She mutters. "Nna? I said that you'll go on Friday" I defend. "Then it's settled" He dismisses. "No" She huffs and I sigh, rubbing my temple. He parks on my driveway.

They all scramble out of the car and into the house. "Go change!" I shout as I walk in, heading up to my room. I sit on my bed, frustratedly groaning. The door creaks open and I look up, seeing Samkelo. "Ke eng?" I furrow my eyebrows at him. He simply walks towards me, sitting on the bed.

He drags my feet up from the floor and onto his lap. He pulls off my heels, discarding them on the floor. "Yini ekuhluphayo?" He asks as his fingers work magic on my feet. "Nothing, I'm just tired" I partly lie.

He nods, clearly unsatisfied by my answer. I get up, heading into the bathroom. I take a short shower and tie my towel around my body, ignoring the phrase that passes my mind every few seconds. 'you are a bad mother'.

I am not a bad mother... "Naledi" I quickly blink away my tears, sniffling. "Ukhalelani?" He frowns, entering the bathroom. "I'm not crying" I clear my throat. "I'm not going to ask you again" His jaw clenches. "Samkelo... Am I bad mother?". "Themba lami" He warns.

"Is it because of what that woman said?" He gritts out. "Yes" I mutter. "Ignore it, she clearly doesn't know what she's talking about" He shrugs it off. "She called me a bad mother, I can't just ignore that!" I raise my voice.

"Naledi, Ungangiphakamiseli izwi. Siyezwana?" He takes a threatening step closer. "Yes" I whisper. He pulls me into his arms, pecking my forehead.

"I'll deal with her" He breathes out.