Chapter 10

It was just dawn the next day when they arrived at the nearest train station in France.

Because it was early winter, the sky dawned late, and there was only a hazy light at the moment, with one or two stars dotted in the sky, which made it feel a little lonely.

When Anna got out of the car, the air exhaled from her mouth turned into white air, and she winced.

"Will it be cold?" Karenin asked.

"It's okay." Anna shook her head and opened her eyes to wake herself up.

The carriage arranged by Karenin was already waiting at the door. The coachman put his luggage on it and said hello to Karenin. He seemed to be an old acquaintance.

"I heard that you are married, sir. This must be your lady."

The coachman was not tall, but his arms looked very strong. Judging from the clothes, the family's circumstances are not very good, but they are clean and their smile is not formal.

"Yes, Binoche," Karenin replied.

"Hello, Mr. Binoche." Anna said with a smile.

Mr. Binoche had big eyes. He smiled and greeted Anna.

Anna and Karenin were sitting in the carriage, and they were walking towards the hotel where they would stay for a while.

It is said to be a hotel, but it is also a relatively high-end one. It is quiet and there are many officials similar to Karenin. The first floor is the lobby and club, and the second and third floors are where they live.

Karenin booked a place near the corner for the third time. It was a bit detoured, but very quiet.

It was a suite, certainly not comparable to Karenin's house, but it was still larger. In addition to the bedroom and living room, there are separate bathroom facilities.

Karenin tipped the waiter and Anna was taking out their luggage.

This behavior was a bit strange again. No lady would organize these things by herself, but Anna wanted to do it herself, and Karenin had no objection to this. He was placing his official documents on the table.

Anna hung up the clothes, and Karenin said they could have breakfast first, so the two of them left the bedroom again.

"Poor appetite?"

"A bit." Anna reluctantly finished the fruit in front of her, leaving only sausages.

The sausage didn't taste bad, it could even be said to be delicious, and Anna was almost a little regretful.

"Just leave it if you can't eat it. There's no need to force yourself, Anna."

Anna looked up at the other person and said, "Can I really do that?"

"Okay." Karenin said. After seeing Anna breathe a sigh of relief, he put the side dishes from Anna's plate onto his own plate and ate them without changing his expression.

Anna looked around, but no one noticed them.

"In the future, can I give you the dishes I don't like?" she asked hopefully, but was rejected.

"No. Picky eating and the inability to consume food are two different things. The former is a bad habit, and the latter is force majeure." Karenin ate the last bite of broccoli and looked at his little wife with a pair of blue eyes, letting her understand. , picky eaters are definitely not allowed in the Karenin family.

"All right."

A somewhat disappointed tone.

"I have to go out for a while. You can rest in the suite for a while to relieve the fatigue of the journey."