Chapter 4

Madame Tellier did not hesitate for long, and Anna believed that this was all due to Karenin's hint.

She glanced at him again, because she found that the serious gentleman also had such a cunning side.

"I will arrange everything."

Finally, the big bureaucrat promised.

Madame Tellier could find no reason to refuse, so the wedding date was set. Logically speaking, Karenin should stay for dinner, but he had to do business, and Madame Tellier was more willing to appreciate people with political ambitions than men who liked to please the woman's mother-in-law. .

Anna thought that according to Mrs. Tellier's unkind personality, she might have to wait until the wedding day to be alone with Karenin, but unexpectedly, Mrs. Tellier thought that since they were about to get married, they could spend a short time first. Find out more.

Therefore, in order to clear the place, except for necessary servants, in the eyes of nobles, servants are no different from those furnishings. If you want to be more serious, the furnishings are usually more expensive.

The aroma of black tea floated, and the refreshments were exquisitely decorated on the silver plate. The two of them maintained etiquette and sat neither close nor far apart. Although for a modern person like Anna, the distance could not be called close, or even good friends. Distance, but she knew she couldn't ask for more.

"Two weeks later." Anna cleared her throat and smiled again, as if she was surrounded by some magic bubble, and her whole body was filled with happiness.

The weather was clearly still cold, and the sun couldn't penetrate the thick clouds in Russia to reach indoors, but Karenin thought he felt it.

Sunshine, his little fiancée, all is well.

"I hope you didn't feel rushed."

"Not at all."

Just as he expected, his fiancée was not reserved at all when facing him, but to be honest, that was fine.

"I will arrive in Petersburg the day after tomorrow. I will arrange everything, so you don't have to worry about anything. When you arrive in Petersburg next week, I will go to the train station to greet you."

Karenin was not talking about love. His tone was no different from his usual speech, always maintaining a calm state of statement, but Anna was willing to imagine that this was Karenin's type of love talk. To be honest, how many men can promise me everything so easily?

"So, can you call me by my name now?" Anna said this again without thinking, but Karenin was no longer surprised.

His somewhat deep blue eyes looked at Anna, and after a while he whispered as she wished: "Anna."

"This is the third time I've asked you to call me by my name. You have to know that I don't always have the courage, Alexei." Anna said sweetly, her cheeks flushed.

"I will not easily agree to anything that is not etiquette or in line with the rules." Karenin said.

"I have to maintain our decency."

Anna ignored the unflattering fact and said bluntly, "I like it when you say 'we,' Alexei," she paused and emphasized cheerfully, "I like it when you started it so naturally. It's nice to say 'we' and I feel more confident in our marriage."

"This is what it should be." Karenin said after a rare hesitation.

Anna shook her head and said sincerely: "Everyone understands some of the truth, but few can do it easily and naturally."