Chapter 8

It would be dishonest to say that Anna didn't fantasize about what her second wedding night would be like.

But if someone told her that a newlywed couple spent the night peacefully on a bed that was too big for them on their wedding night, she wouldn't believe it.

Now, she believes it.

Karenin's side was neatly arranged.

The owner of the bed did not leave the bedroom, but was a diligent Russian official working at his desk in a soft chair.

Karenin noticed the movement on the bed. He turned around and saw his little wife looking at her seriously with a pair of gray eyes.

Her hair was a little messy and seemed more curly. After a good night's sleep, the skin on his face became white and tender, and his beautiful lips were slightly opened as if in wonder.

Karenin allowed himself to look away from his wife's red lips.

"Good day, Anna."

Usually, Karenin's first daily greeting was always dedicated to his butler Kearney, but now, since his marriage, he began to feel this subtle difference.

"Good day, Alexei."

Anna wasn't sure if she included this in her fantasy of an unkempt wife and a respectable husband, but anyway, when Karenin walked towards him, it didn't matter.

"Grachev will come here at nine o'clock, and we will leave for France at two o'clock in the afternoon." Karenin said.

Karenin said last night that Grachev is Karenin's family doctor. Things are almost ready.

"Okay." Anna responded, and then asked: "What time do you always get up?"

"Six o'clock."

Anna glanced at the wall clock. It was already seven forty now. She usually got up at seven o'clock. She originally thought that the biological clock she had developed was early enough, but it seemed that she still couldn't beat a certain Russian official.

She lifted the quilt and prepared to go to the bathroom to freshen herself up. She got up a little later than usual today, hoping she still had some time to do some simple stretching exercises.

When Anna came out, Karenin had left and Anushka was tidying up the room.

"Where's Alex?"

"Sir went to the study and said that breakfast will be delayed for twenty minutes."

Anna smiled after hearing this, and went to the closet to choose her own clothes.

In aristocratic families, the job of a personal maid includes dressing her mistress, but Anushka does not need to do this for Anna, because the latter is used to relying on herself for everything.

Anushka was almost uneasy after being told that she did not need to serve Anna at first, but then she discovered that this was not the case.

Since Anna recovered, her personality has become more cheerful.

Anushka is just a maid. She is not highly educated, but she sticks to her duties. She doesn’t look at things she shouldn’t see, and she doesn’t think about things she shouldn’t make rash guesses. By now, she has adjusted herself well. , not going to make a fuss.

Anna chose a long dress made of velvet, which was very warm. When she walked out of the bedroom door, the housekeeper Kearney told her that she could go to dinner.

"Thank you, Kearney." Anna smiled at the serious housekeeper, who nodded to her.

Anna reached the dining room and Karenin was already waiting there, reading a newspaper.