Chapter 5

Preparing for a wedding is indeed very busy, especially this kind of aristocratic wedding.

Madame Tellier was originally worried that their hasty marriage would make others laugh, but she didn't know what method Karenin used, and all they could hear was blessings.

Anna has never thought about what she will look like when she gets married. If the little girl's yearning for Prince Charming was true when she was a child, it is unrealistic to compare it now.

First of all, she is not a princess, and Karenin is not a prince.

The strange thing is that, perhaps in the eyes of others, this is a luxurious aristocratic wedding, but in Anna's eyes, it is just that she is about to marry the person she likes.

Even though it was her wedding, she was not allowed to express too many opinions.

Since she has gained such a status where she has no worries about food and clothing, she must make some sacrifices. Confrontation was uneconomical, and besides, she had never experienced such a wedding herself. With such a good mood, they finally got everything ready and took the train to Petersburg.

Anna's personal maid Anushka looked even more nervous than Anna herself. She came to ask Anna if she wanted a drink of water for the third time.

"Sit down and rest for a while, Anushka," Anna said with a smile.

Anushka took a deep breath and said, "Miss, I really can't sit down properly."

"Oh, then just stand for a while." Anna said deliberately, and Anushka gave her a scolding look. As she gets along with Anna, she has relaxed a lot now, but she still retains the duties that a maid should have and will not overstep.

During this period, Tao Li always came to accompany her to relieve her boredom, and they talked about many things. Tao Li's original intention was to comfort Anna and keep her in a good mood about the wedding, but in the end she found that no matter what she said, Anna always looked happy.

Although she had a lot of curiosity, Tao Li was not Schiva, and her good upbringing prevented her from asking Anna directly why.

Schiva would come over from time to time, and he was always in a cheerful mood, as if he had not opposed the marriage before.

Anna liked Schiva, his generous smile and his little jokes.

Although Anna's cousin Dunya is the eldest daughter of a big family, she is not very generous. Especially after marrying a weak and incompetent husband, she really doesn't like Anna who still has countless choices. But now, look at their ending, even if her husband is timid and cowardly, he is still young, and the man who is about to become Anna's husband is old and looks serious.

Because of this comparison, Dunya always looked at Anna with a kind of condescension and sympathy.

Anna paid no attention to these things. She didn't have to be angry with people like Dunya. She only had to think about her wedding and the man who was about to become her husband.

The train rumbled through Moscow, and after a tiring journey, they were sent to Petersburg.

The group of them got off the train in a grand manner and soon saw Karenin and his group of servants.

Karenin didn't dress in a particularly eye-catching way. He was wearing a civil service uniform that he had just gotten off work and hadn't had time to change into. He had a dark woolen coat on top and his uniform trousers covered his socks properly. He didn't wear a hat, maybe. In order to make it easier for Anna and the others to see him.

The cold wind ruffled Karenin's hair a little. When Anna saw him, he was still looking around, but it didn't take long before his eyes locked on hers. So she showed a sweet smile in the crowd. Even though it was hidden under the mesh hat, that smile was still like a ray of sunshine, instantly lighting up the entire space.