Chapter 2

"I will officially visit you the day after tomorrow."

When the man said that, what else could Ana do, except smile and nod.

They were not going to announce it right now because Karenin said it would damage Anna's reputation.

Reputation, yes, this man takes this very seriously. It's a small, old-fashioned flaw, but it's innocuous.

"Then I will wait for you to come over the day after tomorrow." Anna said.

Karenin nodded slightly: "Tomorrow I will send someone to deliver the letter of visit. Logically speaking, I should be a week in advance, but considering that I will not stay in Moscow for too long. I mean, if you think now is a good time to get married , then I have to go to France on a business trip for a month the day after the wedding."

"I think the sooner the better." Anna blinked, and then asked, "If you are going to France, can I follow you?"

"It's not without precedent. If you want, you can. But," Karenin paused, "I still think that such a hasty marriage will make you feel uncomfortable."

"No, not at all."

Anna held her cheeks with her hands. She always looked so happy, as if she was not making an impulsive decision, as if they had known each other for a long time.

"I'd be happy to follow you anywhere." She whispered deliberately, with a hint of seduction in her tone.

Karenin coughed slightly unnaturally.

"Actually, that's what I meant. Considering that you and I will have to go from Moscow to Petersburg after we get married, you may not feel comfortable leaving you alone."

"I like your idea."

Anna praised bluntly. "I hope that a husband can think of his wife at all times and express that he needs her."

After Anna finished speaking, she saw the man staring at her for a while. She was not afraid or shy, but frank, and finally laughed again.

"I see."

What she did not know was that after her first request to Karenin was not met, the gentleman would always take her words to heart. In his well-organized mind, he often constantly revised some rules and ideas because of her whims, so that people from the two eras could be consistent.

And Anna doesn't know all this now.

"Finally, maybe you will call me Anna instead of Miss Obolansky?" Anna licked her lips and asked again, fully demonstrating the stubbornness in her character.

"As I said before, I will change my title only after God determines that they are the closest existence to each other." Karenin said calmly, then he stood up, approached Anna, and took the back of the other person's hand, Kissed.

"Please be ready, Miss Obolonsky."

Karenin was the kind of person who would not retreat after deciding something, and his political momentum of not retreating was unconsciously carried over to the present.

He took one last look at Anna. His lower lip, which was slightly thicker than his upper lip, was slightly pursed. When his eyelashes drooped and he raised his eyes, the blue eyes revealed were like low-key gems, which easily hit her heart.

"I will." She replied with a smile on her lips.

The carriage was sparkling, Anna was sitting in the carriage, and with her were her brother and her sister-in-law Tao Li, whom she married two months ago.

Taoli is the eldest daughter of the Duke Shcherbatsky family, and the Duke of Shcherbatsky is a very prestigious family in Moscow. It is also a well-matched marriage. Like other political marriages, the couple did not come together because of love, but they still lived well.