Chapter 3

Karenin's letter of visit stated that it was ten o'clock in the morning, but Anna got up earlier than usual.

She did morning exercises in her room for a period of time. Although the effect was not obvious yet, she felt that her body was much better.

While enjoying breakfast, Anna's aunt Madame Tellier finally brought up the subject of Karenin's coming visit, but she didn't say it explicitly, and just asked Anna to do as she asked and dress up nicely.

"Okay, Aunt."

Anna agreed warmly, and the naughty twins winked. Their mother, Anna's cousin, looked at her with pitiful eyes.

But in fact, Anna is grateful for Aunt Terrier's indifference. God knows how much she wants to marry that gentleman who is not very popular now. And, to be honest, people who have been in that circle are not born with the ability to do so. Say no to the way you look beautiful.

Although the weather was still cold, Anna changed into a light blue skirt after returning to the room. It was a little thin, so she added a white shawl with gold embroidery. She thought about it, made it look like a camellia with a silk handkerchief, and tied it into her curly black hair.

She deliberately left a strand of hair open and used a simple curling iron she made to make it more curly and curly.

Fortunately, she didn't need to perm her eyelashes. They were already thick and curled. All she had to do later was to make herself look beautiful enough and charm the gentleman. Thinking of this, Anna smiled at herself in the mirror like you have to cheer up.

Ten o'clock, exactly on time.

The butler informed Mr. Karenin that he had arrived.

Anna is not allowed to go out yet. After all, she is an unmarried woman, but that does not mean that she will not hide behind the curtains on the balcony and become the first person to see her future fiancé.

Even if everyone thinks that she only needs to listen to the parents' words on this matter, in Anna's heart, this is just her own business.

So, when the man entered the house and his long legs walked on the road, Anna's heart started to cheer.

She stood on the window sill and couldn't help but lift the curtains. Now she didn't care about being seen, she just wanted to look at her to make sure this was not a dream.

"I was just looking at him."

"Will he see me too?"

The romantic scene didn't happen. Karenin didn't know that his bold fiancée was looking at him. After all, even if he was used to political troubles, it would be the first time for him to propose marriage today.

Anna waited in the room for twenty minutes, and then the maid came and told her that her aunt had asked her to go to the living room.

She took a deep breath and walked over with steady and graceful steps.

The servant opened the door and Anna walked in.

Everyone's eyes were on her, and looking like this made her feel at ease. After all, she lived in everyone's sight in her previous life. Just like her favorite agent told her, this stage belongs to her, and all she has to do is look at the person she wants.

So she raised her eyes, her eyes met with the gentleman in mid-air, then she smiled, moved away gently, and sat down perfectly at Aunt Terrier's place, fully demonstrating the elegance and grace that a noble lady should have.

Madame Tellier was obviously pleased with her niece's behavior. Even if she thinks that Mr. Karenin is good enough, in terms of bloodline and family status, he is obviously not as good as the Oblonsky family, and what she cannot tolerate the most is that the Oblonsky family brings disgrace to her own family. Ashamed, she would rather die if such a thing happened.

"This is my niece, the eldest daughter of the Oblonsky family."

Madame Tellier introduced Anna to Karenin. Although they both knew that the two people might have known each other for a long time, the reserve and pride of the nobility could not allow such a private exchange. It is unseemly for two unmarried men and women to get to know each other without the introduction of a parent present.

Karenin knew this pattern and etiquette better than anyone, so he did exactly what Terrier asked. After he expressed his intention to marry Mademoiselle Oblonsky, Madame Tellier allowed him to see her.

His little fiancée was indeed very beautiful, whether it was her curly black hair or her big, smart gray eyes. If she looked like an unfettered and bold girl two days ago, all the behaviors she showed today were the elegance that a well-known lady should have.

"My dear, Mr. Karenin thinks you are a noble woman, and he earnestly hopes to ask you to become his wife."

Madame Tellier looked at Anna. Even if her thin lips said the word "dear", she would not look amiable at all.

Everyone knew that this was not a request for advice, and Madame Tellier accepted consent rather than rejection.

"You raised me like a mother to me. Dear aunt, everything is up to you." Anna deliberately said with the shyness of a little daughter, without forgetting to flatter Madame Tellier.

Madame Tellier was very satisfied with this. Her gray eyes, inherited from the Oblonsky family, looked at Karenin again, and then expressed her opinion that this was a well-matched marriage.

Then they began to discuss the wedding date.

"Two weeks later?" Madame Tellier frowned. This was too hasty.

Karenin was not slow, he had already thought of an explanation for this.

Before he started speaking, he habitually looked at everyone, noted their expressions and analyzed them. Finally, he gave his fiancée a comforting look.

Karenin's blue eyes looked at his aunt-to-be. His eyes were calm and steady. They didn't have the usual inclination to please a prospective niece-in-law or seem distant, but just right.

"As you may have heard, it is His Majesty the Emperor's order that I come to Moscow this time in preparation for my one-month trip to France in two weeks."

The man's voice was neither fast nor slow, and Anna almost looked at Karenin with bright eyes again, hinting to her aunt about the importance of his going to France, and that he might even be promoted again, and by then, the emperor's third My sister is coming of age.

Anna saw her aunt frown slightly when she heard this. She knew that what Karenin said worked, but the emperor's third sister?

She glanced at Karenin, who, out of courtesy, did not make eye contact with her.

He was sitting there, his long legs covered by straight trousers. There were no rings on his slender fingers that she had seen in her previous life. They were clean, and his thumbs were slowly rubbing the armrest. His eyebrows are stretched, confident and calm.

Anna can swear that this cold gentleman must not know that he is surrounded by pheromones at this moment, forcefully declaring the words "Look at me" to others.

Anna lowered her eyes to calm down her emotions, and the moment she lowered her head, she didn't know that the walking Mr. Pheromone looked at him for two or three seconds in a way that would not be noticed.

In his light blue eyes under the long and drooping eyelashes, there is only the elegant and gentle silhouette of the girl. From the thick eyelashes to the plump lips, the stunning beauty is like a tenderly outlined picture.

No one knows what happened in these two seconds. Only the person involved knows what profound traces the other party left in his heart at this moment.

The author has something to say: What is written on the paper will be revealed later!

I feel everyone’s deep love, so Mr. Karenin’s pheromones are also rising haha

Hostess: This blue-chip equity baby is the winner!