Chapter 1

"Let's get married."

Anna saw the man in front of her. His face had always maintained a slightly serious expression. Even the occasional fake smile would not make people mistakenly think that he was a cheerful person. Now it can be said that he was a little shocked. , but he recovered quickly. She smiled secretly.

"If I remember correctly, Miss Obolansky, this is the first time we have met."

The gentleman named Karenin said in a relatively calm tone. His blue eyes scanned Anna's entire face before he spoke slowly, so rigorously and meticulously.

"Literally yes."

Anna played with her current hair, which was black. It was different from her original soft, yellowish hair, but it was more beautiful.

"However, I think I know you well enough that we can get married."

She said with bright eyes that in this era of very conservative pre-marriage, this move and proposal could scare away an entire company.

Karenin heard "marriage" for the second time from the mouth of the young lady in front of him, and it was designated "the two of them", so he straightened his body and almost restrained all his expressions to prevent this from being a prank, even if it was not a prank. , to be honest, it’s a bit scary.

"Miss Obolansky, I think marriage is a very sacred thing." The man's tone still maintained a polite manner without refuting the other party.

"Anna."

"What?"

The man's dazed expression made Anna really laugh this time.

"I hope you can call me by my name." Her gray eyes seemed to be filled with starlight, and they were shining.

"I know that marriage is very sacred, so I am sincerely expressing my wishes to you."

"This is not etiquette." Karenin paused and said. His expression became slightly stiff. He was sitting extremely upright, and now his sight touched the rose that was already on the table, which became a bit stinging.

He withdrew his gaze and decided to treat this problem with the most serious attitude. After all, there was a very obvious thing going on.

"There's a fourteen-year age difference between us."

"I don't think that's a problem."

Anna's eyes were still looking at each other. She looked at Mr. Karenin.

He is very tall, and his body is thinner but not frail compared to traditional Russian government officials. He has brown-blond hair, and the golden part is already a little dull. At first glance, he will tend to be dark brown. Being properly and neatly taken care of.

His face was too cold, but his eyes were the only thing that stood out. Such eyes are too beautiful for a man. After years of growth, they have become calm.

The decent three-piece suit was so suitable for this official. Anna raised her lips and smiled. She knew that no other clothing would suit him better than this.

It turns out that he was a government official in this era!

Before Anna could finish her sigh, the gentleman in front of her became slightly dissatisfied because of her distraction. After all, she was the one who requested the marriage.

She smiled again, and the dimples on her face made her look even more beautiful.

"I can accept this age difference, even if I am only eighteen years old now, sir, I hope you can understand that I didn't say this suddenly because of impulsiveness." Anna blinked, "Besides, I don't think you look good at all. Not old."