Epilogue (Yusuf)

4 years later:

Yusuf's pov:

As the first rays of the morning sun filtered through the curtains, they cast a gentle glow over the room, creating an ethereal atmosphere. My eyes fluttered open, and I immediately felt the warmth and softness of Layla beside me. Her head was resting on my arm, her dark hair spread out like a silken halo on the pillow. She was fast asleep, her breathing slow and steady, a picture of peace and tranquility.

I couldn't help but smile. This was my favorite moment of the day, waking up next to Layla, my wife, my first love, and the very purpose of my existence. The sun's golden light caressed her face, highlighting her delicate features-the curve of her lips, the softness of her cheeks, the graceful arch of her brows. Even in sleep, she looked so beautiful, so serene, that it took my breath away.

Gently, I shifted a little to get a better view of her, careful not to wake her. I wanted to savor this moment, to etch it into my memory. Her presence filled me with a sense of contentment and happiness that I had never known before. It was moments like these that made me realize how lucky I was to have her in my life.

Four years ago, I couldn't have imagined loving a woman so deeply that I would risk my life for her, taking three bullets to protect her. But love has a way of making a person do the unimaginable, and this love had indeed made me crazy for my wife.

Lying in bed with Layla still asleep beside me, I reflected on how much had changed since those days. Back then, the idea of such devotion and sacrifice seemed like something out of a story, not a reality I would ever live. But meeting Layla had changed everything. She became the center of my world, the person I would do anything for, even if it meant putting my own life on the line.

I remembered the moment I took those bullets, the pain that seared through my body, and the singular thought that had driven me: Layla had to be safe. Nothing else mattered.

Those memories were still vivid. The confrontation, the chaos, and the split-second decisions that led to me shielding her with my own body. I could still hear the gunshots echoing in my ears, feel the burning sensation as the bullets hit me. But through all that pain, what I remember most clearly is the look in Layla's eyes when she realized what I had done. The fear, the shock, and then the overwhelming relief when she saw that I was still alive.

Love had indeed made me crazy, but it was a kind of madness I welcomed. It gave my life meaning and purpose, something worth fighting for, something worth every risk and every sacrifice. Layla was worth it all. She had transformed my world, filling it with a love so profound that even the thought of losing her was unbearable.

I reached out and gently caressed her cheek, feeling the warmth of her skin under my fingertips. She stirred slightly, a soft murmur escaping her lips, but she didn't wake. I smiled, feeling a deep sense of contentment and peace. This was my life now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Four years ago, I might have scoffed at the idea of such all-consuming love. But now, having lived it, I couldn't imagine my life any other way. Layla had taught me what it meant to love and be loved, to protect and be protected. She had shown me a depth of emotion I never knew existed, and in doing so, she had given me a reason to be the best version of myself.

And now, when I look at myself four years later, I see a successful businessman and the father of two children. The greatest gifts of my life are these three-they are my entire world. Layla, my daughter Bahar, and my little version, Ashar.

Life has a way of surprising you. Four years ago, if someone had told me that I would be this happy, this fulfilled, I wouldn't have believed them. But here I am, living a life that feels like a dream, thanks to my beautiful wife and my wonderful children.