Part 20

Layla's pov :

In the sterile, white-washed confines of the hospital room, i lay in the bed, still haunted by the events of that fateful day. It had been six long and excruciating days since i had been shot, and yet, my heart remained heavy with the tumultuous mix of emotions. The physical wounds were healing, but the emotional ones seemed to deepen with every passing moment.

As i gazed at the clinical ceiling above, my thoughts kept circling back to Yusuf. The man i had married, the love of my life, the person i believed to be the embodiment of truth and honesty. And yet, the recent turn of events had sown seeds of doubt and mistrust in my heart.

I knew Yusuf well enough to understand his character. He was a man of principles, a man who had always valued loyalty, integrity, and honesty above all else. He had repeatedly assured me of his unwavering commitment to our relationship, and i had seen it in his actions, in his touch, and in the depths of his eyes.

That night at the party, when Yusuf and elaf were so close to each other , the surge of doubt and hurt had been inevitable. Seeing my husband with another woman, and the proximity they shared, had shaken me to the core. But in the depths of my heart, i couldn't bring myself to believe that Yusuf would ever cheat on me.

The love we shared was not just skin-deep. It was a profound connection that had been forged over time, a union of souls that transcended the superficiality of appearances. I had felt Yusuf's love in the tender moments we had shared, in the promises whispered between us, in the gentle caresses and passionate kisses. I had seen it in the way he looked at me, as if i was the center of his universe.

The turmoil inside me was agonizing. I found myself caught between the glaring evidence of my eyes and the unwavering faith i had in my husband's character. Could it be that Yusuf had been innocent, a victim of a terrible misunderstanding, just as he claimed? The thought was a beacon of hope in my heart.

Yet, another scene continued to haunt me. The image of Yusuf and Elaf together in the office , their close proximity, the way they had interacted. The doubt was like a dark cloud looming over her, casting shadows on her once-pristine trust.

I was torn between these emotions, my belief in Yusuf's character and the stark reality of what my eyes had witnessed. I wished i could go back in time, erase the painful memories, and find myself back in the cocoon of love we  had built together.

The silence of the hospital room seemed to echo with my internal struggle, and the drip of the IV seemed to keep time with my racing thoughts. I knew that when i woke up from this ordeal, my heart would have to make a choice. I would either embrace the faith i had in Yusuf's character or confront thee chilling possibility that my perfect love story had taken an unexpected twist.

But for now, i closed my eyes and tried to find solace in the memories of our love, in the belief that true love could withstand the fiercest storms.

After some time Yusuf entered the room with a tray of soup in his hands, i shifted to sit up, a certain weariness clinging to my movements. My husband's presence was reassuring, i she could see the earnestness in his eyes as he set the tray aside and approached me. I couldn't deny the warmth that his arrival brought to the sterile room.

Sitting beside me, Yusuf reached for my hand, a silent plea in his eyes. "Layla, whatever you say, I'll do. Please, just give me a chance. Just one chance," he implored. There was sincerity in his voice, a deep-seated desire to mend the wounds that had strained our relationship.

I watched him, my heart at war with itself. My eyes, searching his for answers, found something i had missed in the last few days—vulnerability. The weight of his actions had etched lines of remorse on his face, and i saw in that moment the man i had fallen in love with, the man who had vowed to cherish and protect me. The scars of my recent discoveries ran deep, and i needed assurance, not empty promises.