Part 9

Author's pov:

Yusuf leads Layla into the buzzing atmosphere of the business party. The room is filled with laughter, chatter, and the clinking of glasses. As they walk through the crowd, Yusuf introduces Layla to his colleagues, business partners, and friends.Layla smiles gracefully and shakes hands with each person she is introduced to.

Yusuf and Layla were gracefully mingling with the guests at the party when a man they hadn't met before approached them. He had an air of confidence about him as he addressed Yusuf with an unusual tone. "Will you not introduce me to your wife?" he said, with a hint of arrogance in his voice.

Yusuf's smile remained intact despite his frustration as he turned to Layla, introducing her to Mr. Changir. "Layla, meet Mr. Changir, my old business partner," he said, his tone steady and confident. "And Changir, this is my wife, Layla."Mr. Changir's eyes narrowed slightly, and he looked Layla up and down,he then forwarded his hand towards Layla for a hand shake, Layla felt a sense of discomfort as Mr. Changir extended his hand for a handshake.

She glanced at Yusuf, seeking his approval, and he nodded, giving her the go-ahead to greet him. Reluctantly, she reached out to shake Mr. Changir's hand. "Nice to meet you," Mr. Changir said with a smile, leaning in to kiss Layla's hand.Before Mr. Changir's lips could touch Layla's hand, Yusuf's anger flared up, and he quickly intervened, grabbing Layla's hand from Mr. Changir's grasp. "I think Layla must be tired from meeting everyone," Yusuf said sharply. "Let's give her some rest."

Layla turned to look at Yusuf,She simply nodded in agreement, and Yusuf led her away from Mr. Changir.As they walked away, Yusuf kept a tight grip on Layla's hand, guiding her through the crowd.

Yusuf gently led Layla to a nearby sofa where other people were sitting. He made sure she was comfortable before leaning in and whispering, "You stay here. I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere."As Layla sat there, she reminisced about the moments before the party when Yusuf had praised her and gifted her the beautiful locket.

The memory brought a soft smile to her lips as she gently touched the locket hanging around her neck.Layla traced her fingers over the ruby embedded in the locket, remembering how Yusuf had lovingly placed it around her neck and whispered, "You look so beautiful." Those words had filled her heart with warmth and made her feel cherished.

Layla was lost in her thoughts when a girl approached and said, "You are Layla, Yusuf Hunain's wife, right?" As Layla turned to face the girl who had approached her, she could see that she was indeed quite pretty, but her makeup was a bit excessive. The heavy foundation and bright lipstick seemed to overpower her natural features, With a warm smile, Layla replied, "Yes, I'm Layla, Yusuf's wife. And you are?" The girl returned the smile and said, "Nice to meet you, Layla. I'm Elaf, one of Yusuf's old friends from college."

As they continued their conversation, Elaf opened up to Layla about her life and aspirations. She shared that she was indeed a successful businesswoman and was currently managing her father's company.

Layla also excitedly shared with Elaf that she was pursuing a career in medicine and would soon become a doctor once she completed her college studies. After chatting for about 5 to 10 minutes, Elaf informed Layla that she needed to leave. However, she suggested that they exchange numbers so they could plan a meet-up in the future.

Layla was pleased with the idea and gladly shared her number with Elaf. "Sure, that sounds like a great idea! Let's definitely meet up sometime," Layla said with a smile. Elaf took out her phone, and Layla did the same. They both entered each other's numbers into their contacts. "There, now we can stay in touch," Elaf said,Layla nodded, "Absolutely! I'm really looking forward to it." She was genuinely happy to have made a new acquaintance.