Part 22

Layla's pov:

Lunch preparation in the kitchen was underway as I busied myself, considering Yusuf's earlier intimation that he would be arranging lunch at home. I decided to make something special for the occasion. Just as I was about to step out of the kitchen, drying my hands with a towel, Yusuf unexpectedly appeared, planting kisses on my cheeks and forehead. His caring touch landed on my belly as he inquired, "How are you, meri jan and how is our baby?"

As his hand gently rested on my belly, mine found its place around his neck, while his hand wrapped around my waist. I reassured him, "I'm fine, and our baby is doing well too." Another kiss on my cheek ensued, followed by an attempt at my lips when we were interrupted by a voice from behind, playfully mentioning, " Eww i am standing here you two."

Turning around, I saw it was none other than my niece, Roosh, my brother's daughter. I swiftly pulled her into a warm embrace, planting kisses on her cheeks and asking, "How are you, Roosh?" She replied, "I'm absolutely fine, Aunt Layla." Glancing back at Yusuf, I suggested, "You could have let me know, so I could prepare something nice for Roosh."

Yusuf then stepped forward, scooping Roosh up in his arms and revealing, "This was my and Roosh's plan to surprise you." They exchanged a high-five, and Roosh chimed in, saying, "Aunt Layla, Yusuf told me that I have a friend coming over." I smiled at Yusuf and informed Roosh, "Yes, Roosh, a little friend like you is on the way." Roosh laughed, exclaiming, "Then I'll play with them, and I'll stay with you, Aunt Layla. Besides, Dad is always at the office, and Mom doesn't come to see me."

Roosh rested her head down, her mother, Hayat Kazmi, my brother's wife, left two years after Roosh's birth due to issues between her and my brother that hadn't led to a divorce yet. Consequently, she hadn't visited Roosh since then. To uplift the mood, Yusuf proposed, "Let's head to lunch now, alright, Roosh?" Roosh nodded and we moved towards the dining table, where I served lunch, cherishing the delightful company of Yusuf and Roosh in that warm, familial atmosphere.

------------------------

As the afternoon flowed lazily by, Yusuf made his way to his study while Roosh and I stayed downstairs, engrossed in some artwork. Roosh was meticulously sketching a landscape, each stroke filled with her vibrant imagination. Shortly after, Yusuf joined us, deciding to spend the day at home, realizing it would be a good opportunity for Roosh to enjoy a day in our company.

Taking a glance at Roosh's artwork, Yusuf praised her, "Your drawing is really impressive." Roosh, gleaming with pride, responded with a humble "Thank you." Yusuf then shared with Roosh, "You know, I can draw too, and quite well." Roosh, curious, asked, "Really? Then show me your drawing sometime, Yusuf." To this, Yusuf chuckled and explained, "Sure, I'll show you someday. But for now, that place is locked."

Eager to test Yusuf's artistic prowess, Roosh proposed, "Okay, then give me a little test so I can believe that you can draw." Yusuf, with a nod, jokingly inquired, "What should I draw then?" Roosh quickly replied, "Sketch of Layla." Yusuf chuckled and remarked, "That's a piece of cake for me," then turned to me and said, "biwi, sit in front of me so I can make your sketch." I obliged, positioning myself, and Yusuf began sketching.

For thirty minutes, he worked meticulously, every stroke seemingly infused with care and precision. After completing the sketch, Yusuf presented it to Roosh and me. I couldn't help but exclaim, "Wow!" as I beheld the beautifully detailed sketch. Yusuf then playfully nudged Roosh and asked, "So, did I pass the test or not?" To which Roosh playfully responded, "You scored full marks in the test." Yusuf then proceeded to tickle her, making her giggle.