Chapter Nine : Smell a rat

"OK......Listen."

After my introduction he said, "I know your name Ms. Abigail. You're from department of geography, 1st year. Am I right? " by surprise I just nodded my head. Then he again asked, "So, Where is your friend? I mean you came alone?"

"What?" Daisy asked with widening her eyes. After seeing Daisy's reaction Abigail said, "Exactly my reaction was also same as you. I was hella shocked. I mean how did he knows that much about us?"

"Yeah! How? Whatever then what you said?" Daisy asked with showing her eager interest.

"What did I said? I asked him how do he know about us? Then he said,

"Actually I used to come here to drink my usual iced-americano as you know this is the nearest coffee shop from our college. you guys also come here sometimes so, I saw you two. But I was unbothered as everyone from our college came here. Then I saw your painting in our college's talent Search programme and I was mesmerised by your artwork. That time I had no idea that it was your artwork but I really wanted to know who is Ms. Abigail which was mention as painter in the painting. So, I used my sources and found out that It was you. Next day after I found out your identity I again saw you both in these coffee shop. I wanted to talk to you but your friend was with you and I think she is not like me, may be you too as my image is not so good in college. That's why, I didn't approached you but it's my pleasure that you approach me. I really wanted to talk with you as I'm very fond of painting."

"Oh! But don't you think it's weird?" Daisy asked with confusion.

"Yeah! It is indeed it is weird. I mean just think that the person we used to think bad, who will know that he'll talk so politely. I always knew that he is different from inside unless whatever he showed to outside." Abigail said after complimenting that boy.

"Oh god this girl will never understand my point of view."  but Daisy shrugged off her thought and asked to Abigail, "Then what happen?"

"Oh! you're becoming so restless." Abigail said but Daisy just rolled her eyes after listening her comment.

"OK...Then we talked a lot and all about my painting. Then I said that I liked him but he chuckle and said with gentle smile, how could I liked him? he is such an ass-hole."

"Though he is right." Daisy said in mocking tone but Abigail glared to her and continued.

"So, I replied that I don't judge any book by its cover. Then he said that It is my kind personality and said he also wanted to be my friends as he didn't think me as more than friends."

"Hmm..... But then why were you smiling like a blockhead in the class?"

"Oh that's? Nothing just reminding about yesterday's conversation. How he was praising about my painting." again Abigail  lost into her delusional world but Daisy drag her into real world and said, "Now stop being lost into your delusional world and let's go to the class. Professor will came any time."

Throughout the class they both can't able to concentrate in the class. Abigail was smiling like an idiot but Daisy was tensed due to some reason. She was tensed because somehow her intuition was screaming loudly that something is not right but what it is? "What should I do now? I can't let her drown in this kind of shit. I mean I'm not against of relationship or love affairs kinds of things but that boy is not right for her. What if he try to take advantage of her innocence? What if he do something more than worst? No.....no.... I can't lose her. I can't let anything happen to her. I can't."  Daisy badly flinched of a sudden jerk.

"Hey! What are you thinking?" Abigail asked.

"Nothing."

"Don't you try to hide from me. I know something is roaming in your small head that's why you didn't noticed that class was over long time ago Ms. Dumbo."