Alpha Paul

Anthony

More and more, I felt her pain. It was bleeding out of her to anywhere it could go. She couldn't contain it, and while I didn't want to feel any of it, I hoped it meant she felt less if I did. I know Wyatt got the worst of it, but I was getting angry with him for not swallowing the pain. We didn't have time for weakness. We all needed to be strong for her in a way we weren't. She always saved us, and we need to save her now. And do it faster.

Once at New Moon, I first noticed that there were no guards or warriors at the territory lines. We struggled to find anyone as we entered the territory. There finally was a guard near what we assumed was the packhouse.

"Where is Alpha Paul?" Wyatt demanded. He blinked a few times. "Well?"

"Uh-he hasn't been back here in weeks. We don't know where he is." This was not good. It explained why there were no warriors. No one was running the pack. My assumption is some left and went rogue. Others probably joined neighboring packs. Should Wyatt and I disappear, I hope that someone will figure things out better than what appears to be happening here.

"Okay, his beta? Who exactly is running things?" I asked.

"Beta Brandon is occupied at the moment."

"Doing what?" Wyatt asked him. "Because if he doesn't come out here now, we will start killing everyone here."

I heard other cars pull up. We had redirected everyone near enough to help us fight. But with how things looked, we didn't need the help.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Alpha Wyatt of Dark Moon pack. And I know Alpha Paul is involved with the kidnapping of my mate. So my warriors are going to search this place, and since Alpha Paul isn't around to defend it and your beta is occupied, I am going to take the territory."

"You want to be our alpha?" He almost looked excited. This all felt too weird.

'What the actual fuck?' I linked to Wyatt.

'He might not have rejected the pack and his title, but he basically abandoned them. They don't know what to do. And his beta isn't doing anything.' Then, to everyone, Wyatt linked, 'Search the place. Round everyone up and bring them out to the field. Separate the guards and warriors from anyone else. Once we confirm she isn't here, we will interrogate the beta. I'll go get him from the packhouse.'

"I am your alpha now," Wyatt told him, pushing him aside and storming into the packhouse. I followed him closely as he ripped the doors from every room, finally reaching what had to be the beta floor. We found Beta Brandon in his bedroom, occupied with some she-wolf, who I was sure was not his mate.

Wyatt gently pulled the she-wolf up, and I tossed her some clothes. "I suggest you go outside and join everyone else, Honey. You don't want to be here for this."

"Who are you?" She asked me.

"Alpha Wyatt and Beta Anthony of Dark Moon. And we're about to kill your beta. So go on, then. Hurry out of here." She obeyed.

When I looked back, Wyatt had the beta against the wall, his pants pulled back up. "Tell me where your alpha is," he demanded, and he slammed him again into the wall, leaving a dent.

"I don't even know anymore." He was nearly pissing himself. Some beta. No alpha would have even gotten me against the wall like that, even with my pants down. And if he did, I wouldn't look so afraid.

"Well, I need you to think very hard about it," Wyatt said, pulling his knife and digging it into his side. He roared in pain. Pathetic. He could barely take the pain and was only standing because Wyatt was holding him.