Ch. 24

Nova's POV

Just as the man reached up to place his hand on my waist I heard a loud cracking noise. The male growled at the noise behind us, I on the other hand had a hence of excitement building up
Inside of me, turning to face where the noise was coming from I saw Cavalier's eyes turn a foggy grey color.

There was no purple...no anything besides the emptiness of that grey color.

Mhm, that's more like it.

I heard my wolf faintly purr in approval of the sight we were watching. I could feel our connection become stronger than ever, but I still felt the same blockade that kept me from speaking back to her.

As Cavalier's scent forced its way around me, wrapping me in it like a blanket I could sense the fear settle into the male wolf in front of me.

The cracking noise we heard before sounded again, but this time it was louder. Adjusting my eyes to the door I saw cavaliers eyes gripping the chains attached to his wrist and I watched as the started to crumble. I expected maybe flames, or to see the chains melt...but no they crumbled into old rusty pieces of metal landing on the ground in dust.

Cavalier rubbed the bruises around his wrists as he stepped over the metal approaching us at an eerily calm pace.

"Cavalier doesn't believe that I should kill you because you hold value to his home lands..."

The is his hybrid in control?

"And he has also pushed that this spitfire of mines is the reason you dared to challenge our place as her mate," he watched his bruised wrists heal at a rapid pace as he walked closer to us.

"So I have decided to be generous, because I mean...I consider myself a very generous person." I tilted my head confused at what he was getting at.

"So instead of killing you...I'm going to torture you and if you're weak enough and actually decide to die that's your problem." Cracking his knuckles he looked up and acknowledged us, his eyes lingering on the lack of space between us before he smirked trailing his eyes up and down my body, his wet tongue licking his lips moist.

It was as if I was in a trance, one Cavalier was keeping me in. His eyes were hypnotizing, the scent of his was enchanting...everything about him dragged me in.

It was as if I was making eye contact with him for the first time.

The male behind us took a step back subconsciously admitting his defeat to his higher ranked rival. But based off how my mate reacted to his choice I knew his submission meant nothing to his consequences.

"Nova stand behind me. And do not remove your eyes from me, if you do your own punishment will be worst than it already is."

Punishment? Who does this Royal asshole think he is? I couldn't let him kill this male, I'm the one that called for the attention of another while knowing I had a mate.

I couldn't be the reason this young man dies all because of a silly mistake.

"Don't kill him," I say finding myself looking up into Cavalier's cold lifeless grey eyes.

Vaatu. I heard a voice echo through my head as if correcting me.

As I stared at him closely I noticed the bag under his eyes, he didn't look under fed or dehydrated in the slightest, not even a scar on his body...but he looked tired. Exhausted even, how would he be able to fight another man who was probably well rested and leave out of it unharmed?