Ch. 17

Nova's POV

So many thoughts were running through my mind as I sat at the table full of sophisticated mated pairs. I did not want to be here, I sat and fidgeted with my fingers trying to ignore all the stares on me.

Cavalier's eyes were the ones I tried harder to ignore. He basically admitted to me that he was in love with somebody else, him being in love with another woman does explain a lot of things. Like for instance, he's extremely bipolar.

But my sister also said trust...

Fuck trust
....this man is in love with another female.

My face naturally frowned as those thoughts ran across my mind and right as I started to assume something else a forced cough could be heard. I looked up to be making hard eye contact with the male that greeted me and Cavalier at the staircase.

"Is there something that was said that upset you Ms. Nova?" He asks holding his hands behind his back and giving me a genuine expression, an expression that felt too genuine to be trusted.

"No...my apologies." I say looking him in the eyes for a few seconds before he turns to walk away, and almost as if on cue I look back down to watch myself fidget with my fingers.

I could hear a warning growl come from Cavalier as the male looked back to side eye me, I had caught that action from him out of my peripheral vision. Cavalier's warning growl was almost like a slap against the face to the man, he had removed his eyes from me just as quick as he had laid them on me.

I side eye Cavalier's leg harshly, I bet if I was this other female he would've done more than growled at that man...he probably would've killed him.

Why am I thinking like this? I don't even have feelings for this man. We shared one intimate moment together on a window seal, and that's simply because we were both victims to our own emotions and the mate bond.

And that's all it was.

I sighed and sat back into my seat setting my hands on the wooden table in front of me, and almost as soon as my skin toughed the table I felt a large wave of dizziness run over me. I looked forward and it felt like the room was spinning. I could hear voices but everything was muffled out.

"You can't do that! Whippings were forbidden for a reason!" A female voice that's not mine yells out slamming her fist down onto the table, I looked around and I could see Cavalier standing up and balling his fists into hands, he stood behind me defensively. It was as if I was in somebody else's body..my mouth was and my body was making movements that I was not saying nor causing.

"Women died at the poles! Female wolves were on the brink of being endangered..."
She states.

"Prince Cavalier...I request that you get your female under control." an older man states...one I don't recognize very well. As I looked around everything was extremely blurry but I could tell I was in the same room...but things looked different.

I looked over at Cavalier and he looked younger...he didn't have cold eyes, he didn't have scars up and down his body...I didn't see a killer in him. He looked like a young sweet teen. He still had that natural aggression and anger inside of him...but it was different.

He placed his hand on my waist and pulled my back away from the table. "I agree with Alison."

"She's not even your mate. She gets no say at this meeting, it's already enough that we allowed her to be here." The other alpha states harshly growling lowly. Things became a blur after that but I knew that I had yelled something else that seemed to offend the alpha and it resulted with me being slapped, I had fell to my knees and things became red.