Have It Your Way

Notes:
Hey there, welcome back to another new chapter (yay!)
I was pretty quick with this one, so I thought I'm going to post it already. It seems like I am a sucker for writing fluff.

I also want to take a second to thank everyone who voted, bookmarked or commented. I really appreciate everyone of you. It always makes my day and it keeps me motivated.
So, thank you! 💕

This chapter is about 2,1k words. It was actually supposed to be longer but I decided to put the other half in the next chapter, because I wasn't sure if you'd like a 4k chapter. 😅

I also thought about posting the fic on fanfiction.net but do people still use that page? I know I do sometimes. My whole fanfic journey started there ages ago. Well, let me know what you think.

Enjoy the chapter 💕
____________________________

The cold winter winds are becoming milder, and the spring sun has awakened the first buds and trees from their hibernation. The colour that was missing in the winter seems to have finally returned to Hogwarts.

As the warm spring air spread, so did the rumour that another Gryffindor would soon be opening a duelling club.

However, I pay little attention to the rumour as Nellie sits across from me in the library, philosophising about who could join in and who she could definitely defeat in a duel, while I stare at my herbology book.

I've been staring at it for a while, trying to read a paragraph about the devil's snare.

"Are you even listening?" Nel whispers.

"I'm trying not to."

She lets out a sarcastic huff, "Rude."

I snicker quietly. "Jane seems to be rubbing off on you."

She just rolls her eyes at me as I sigh and whisper, trying not to disturb the surrounding students. "Nel, we're in the middle of the library. You really should concentrate on studying and not on some silly rumours."

She sighs as well, hesitating before speaking in a hushed voice, "I'm just thinking... Do you think Sebastian is gonna participate? Nothing has really happened between us since that ball. We talk and we're friendly, and sometimes I feel like he's flirting." She drops her head on the table, "but other than that, nothing."

I look at her, internally pitying her and her seemingly unreciprocated love.

Especially now that I'm officially dating Garreth after finally having the courage to ask what exactly we were a few weeks ago. He then informed me that he had simply assumed that we had been dating since our first kiss. Well, I'm glad I was finally informed about that as well.

She looks up again, resting her elbow on the table and propping up her chin as she continues, "I don't know. I just hope that we could spend more time together and have a little more in common, you know?”

I look over the table and directly into her dark eyes, intentionally intensifying my following argument: "Nel, seriously, just ask him out. You're torturing yourself. If he says no, you can at least move on. It's not like he's deserving of your attention anyway."

"It's not that easy." She raises her voice slightly, which immediately earns us an annoyed "shhhhh" from a table not too far away.

I lean closer to her and lower my volume so that only she can hear me. "Tell you what, you ask him out; if he says no and we're all in this duelling club at some point, I promise you, I'll send him crashing into the wall with the strongest curse I know. Repeatedly. Then we'll both feel better, okay?"