23

"Don't I look overdressed, and isn't the makeup too much?" She sighed turning side to side while checking out her dress in the mirror, Nanny Ann replied.

"You're not overdressed, you look beautiful."

"I know, and it makes me feel too glam up, it's not as if I'm going on a date or any special occasion."

"Stop with the excuses and go already."

"Fine, but I have to wipe this off first." She says picking out a few face wipes, she wiped out her entire face clean leaving only her lipgloss on.

"Why?" Nanny Ann chuckled.

"I feel better now." She smiled and picked up her purse to leave.

"Let me escort you." Nanny Ann replied and they both walked out of her room.

"In case Abdul returns and he asks of me please don't tell him I went out to meet Faruk."

"Okay, but Why?"

"I don't want him to get upset, coz he seemed so earlier when Faruk and I were together at the hospital."

"Hmm, my lips are sealed on that then."

"Thanks, well, my Uber is here, bye." Hanan waves while getting into the car.

"Don't stay out too late." Nanny Ann waves back.

"I won't." Hanan smiled and shortly her journey began.

She sat amid her thoughts wondering what exactly could Faruk invite her this late for. And at his mother's restaurant?

"I hope he isn't trying to stir another trouble." She sighed after reading his text message all over, she lowered her window down to relish the cool breeze and also enjoy the night view, but behold, she saw him.

She raised her gaze to see who the occupant of the car next to her was but she was shocked.

He was also sitting in the back seat with his window lowered and for some odd reason, she kept glancing at him unconsciously.

Just as earlier his face was cold and emotionless, even though it was clear to her that he was in pain.

She didn't realize that she had been staring till he turned to her side and instantly she dodged, quickly lowering her head down.

She swallowed hard while wishing the traffic allowed them to move as she felt nervous that he might see her.

"But why do I even bother?" She mumbled and just then their car moved.

She raised her head back to see his car fast ahead of theirs and it gave her a sense of relief.

Her journey ended once they arrived at her destination.

She stepped out of the car observing around the restaurant looking strangely different.

"Ma'am, I'm waiting you haven't paid?" The driver calls waving in her direction.

"Sorry, take your money." She smiled handing it over and then she continued to look around.

"Why are there no cars around except his?" She mumbled staring away.

"Are they closed for the day? Or are there no customers?" She muttered recognizing only Faruk's car was parked in the entire space which seemed odd.

It was the same popular restaurant that she visited weeks ago which she heard was a very busy place and it was never free from customers but why does it seem so hollow today? She wondered while she hurried into the restaurant.

She got inside to observe the whole place was also empty, there wasn't anyone in sight except for a waiter waiting at the door with a plate which has a card on it.